The government is mandating all the residents to link Aadhaar with all the important documents like PAN card, bank documents, gas connections, etc. to avail of the benefits of government schemes and for prevention of fraud in the system. Recently, another document is added in the list, which is ration card.
Steps of Linking Aadhaar with Ration Card Offline:
- Go to the nearest PDS centre or ration shop and make sure of carrying the photocopies of ration card and Aadhaar card of all family members along with passport size photographs.
- In case the bank account is not linked with Aadhaar, submit the copy of the passbook.
- After submission of documents, give your fingerprints by putting your finger on the biometric in case of first-time Aadhaar authentication
- After the submission of all the documents, a confirmation message will be sent on your registered mobile number notifying about successful linking.
What Are the Documents Required?
- Photocopy of ration card of all family members.
- Photocopy of Aadhaar card of all family members
- Photocopy of Aadhaar card of the head of the family.
- Passport size photo
- Copy of bank passbook if Aadhaar is not linked with bank account
What Are the Benefits of Linking Aadhaar with Ration Card?
- It will ensure that benefits can be streamlined and availed by people who require it, by eliminating the fraud ration card holders and fake documentation.
- Diversion and leakage of ration distribution can also be controlled.
- Aadhaar linking will eliminate the fraud middleman and improve the efficiency of the system.