As per the government initiative, it is mandatory to link aadhaar with mobile number in order to verify KYC (Know your customer) details. However as per the process, earlier it was required that a mobile subscriber should visit the nearby retailer store or telecom service provider’s store with aadhar card to verify the biometrics to update KYC for the registered mobile number. Now the process of linking mobile number with aadhar card can be done while sitting at home as well as via online and IVR method. If the subscriber’s mobile number is not registered with aadhar, then he/she needs to visit the nearby retailer.
Linking Aadhar with Idea Mobile Number via IVR:
- Dial toll-free number 14546 from your Idea mobile number.
- Then under the aadhar act, 2016, IVR will play a message where your consent will be asked for verification through UIDAI.
- After you provide the consent, your mobile number will be sent to UIDAI to check whether the mobile number is registered with UIDAI or not. If it is registered, an OTP will be sent on it.
- Again, your consent will be asked by Idea to access your personal details like date of birth and address from UIDAI for verification and entering the OTP will be considered as a signature of authentication.
- The details will be fetched from UIDAI and you will be given an option of verifying any other alternative numbers.
- After the completion of the process, a message confirming successful verification will be played.
- Before overwriting or updating your details, another confirmation message will be sent to you by Idea, displaying your details, within 24 hours. If you don’t respond within three days, the verification will be considered positive and aadhar card linking with Idea mobile number will be done.
Linking Aadhaar with Idea Mobile Number Offline:
If your mobile number is not linked with aadhar card then visiting the nearby Idea retailer or SIM card operator is another option to get it linked in just a few simple steps:
- Visit the nearby Idea store and carry a self-attested copy of aadhar with you.
- Provide the mobile number which you want to link with aadhar card to the executive.
- An OTP will be sent to that mobile number which you have to submit to the store executive for verification purpose.
- After this, the store executive will ask for your fingerprints.
- After the biometric verification, an SMS will be sent to your mobile number.
- Send a reply with ‘Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.
Idea Store Locator
Yes, all Idea numbers have to be re-verified with aadhar, though there is no deadline right now for doing it till the time Supreme Court gives a further verdict on the on-going case.