The government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with bank accounts to prevent money laundering, unfair distribution of public resources and also to offer various amenities to Indian residents. The process of linking a bank account with Aadhaar is very simple and almost the same for every bank. It can be done offline by visiting the nearest bank branch or online through internet banking.
Linking Bank Account to Aadhaar Online:
- Log on to your bank’s internet banking by entering your user ID and password.
- Look for the link ‘Aadhaar Card Seeding’ or ‘Update Aadhaar Card Details’ or ‘Link Aadhaar Card’.
- Click on the available link, which will redirect you to a new page where you need to enter the required information. Before the submission, review the information once and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- After you submit the information, the bank will verify the details and after successful verification, a confirmation message will be sent.
- In case of any mismatch in the info, the bank will notify you through an SMS on the registered mobile number or email.
- The application status will also be sent via SMS or email to the customer.
How To Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status?
Even after receiving confirmation on linking a bank account with Aadhaar, if you have received a message from the bank for doing the same again, then there may be two reasons for it - either the bank has misplaced your information or they may have mistakenly sent you the message through bulk SMS. In each of these cases, it’s important to check the status of bank account linking with Aadhaar, which can be done in two ways:
Using UID Portal:
- Login to Aadhaar website
- On the homepage, click on 'Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status.'
- Enter the 12-digit aadhaar number and the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- After clicking the ‘Submit’ button, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP details to log in.
- After signing in, the new page will show whether the Aadhaar has been linked with the bank account.
The status of bank account and Aadhaar linking can also be tracked through your mobile number by dialing *99*99*1# and entering your 12-digit aadhaar number.
No, it will show only the last bank account number that has been linked with Aadhaar.