Linking Aadhaar with IRCTC is required for booking up to 12 e-tickets in a month where, apart from users, at least one passenger on the ticket being booked also needs to be verified through Aadhaar. For booking up to six tickets, no Aadhaar verification is required.
Important Points to Note:
- IRCTC registered users need to be verified through Aadhaar using KYC option in 'My Profile' section.
- Aadhaar number can be verified by OTP which is sent on the registered mobile number of the user.
- Users can also store the verified Aadhaar number and regular passengers in the master list while booking new tickets beyond the customary six tickets.
Steps of Linking Aadhaar with IRCTC:
- Login to your IRCTC account using user ID and password.
- Under ‘My Account’ menu on the navigation tab, click on ‘Link Your Aadhaar’ option.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, give your consent by ticking the checkbox and click on ‘Send OTP’ button.
- An OTP will be sent by UIDAI on the registered mobile number.
- Fill the OTP details and click on ‘Verify’ button
- After clicking on ‘Verify’ button, your KYC details will be displayed on the page. Click on ‘Submit’ button to verify them.
- Your Aadhaar is verified with the submission.
Steps for Adding Passengers with Aadhaar Number in the Masterlist:
- Open the attributes of ‘My Profile’ under ‘My Account’ menu and click on ‘Add/Modify Masterlist’.
- Add the passengers to the list by entering the required details as mentioned on Aadhaar.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button. The passengers will be added to the list with verification status ‘Pending’ if the Aadhaar details are not verified with IRCTC.
- For tracking the Aadhaar verification status, click on ‘Click here to check pending Aadhaar verification status’ under the passenger list.
- The passengers who are added to the master list can complete their Aadhaar verification by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button.