How to lock/unlock biometrics online?
To protect the Aadhar card biometric data from any sort of misuse, UIDAI has provided the facility of locking or unlocking the biometric data which can be done either through portal or app. These methods are safe to use, now let’s learn how to accomplish it in few simple steps:
- Visit the UIDAI portal.
- Select ‘Lock/Unlock’ option from Aadhaar services section.
- Write 12 digit Aadhaar number and security code.
- Choose the OTP option.
- Enter the OTP number sent on your registered mobile number and click ‘Login’.
- Through this feature biometrics will get locked.
- To enable it, enter the four digit security code.
- Now the biometrics option will get locked. To unlock it again, the login option need to be clicked.
- The same procedure of entering Aadhaar number and security code will be followed as we did in case of locking. Send OTP to your mobile number and click on ‘Login’ after entering the OTP number.
- To unlock it temporarily, enter security code and click on unlock button.
- Locking date and time will be mention on screen after which it will get automatically locked.
- When lock is not required, disable it by login on to UIDAI portal using Aadhaar card.
- Enter the Aadhar card number and security code and click on ‘Disable’ button.