Retrieve Lost Aadhar Card
How to Retrieve Lost Aadhar Card or UID/EID Number?
The benefit of living in this digital world is that you don't have to worry about losing or misplacing your aadhaar card. The duplicate Aadhar card can be downloaded from UIDAI website with much ease. So let's discuss the simple steps that need to be followed to download the duplicate copy:
- Visit the official UIDAI website
- Select UID (Aadhaar number) Or EID (Enrolment number).
- Enter the personal details like name, email address and mobile number which is registered with Aadhaar.
- Enter the security code and click on "send OTP" option
- The OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number, enter the OTP details and select "verify OTP" button.
- A message will be sent to your mobile with Aadhaar number or Enrolment number.
- Now go to the official website of UIDAI at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and select the Aadhar number or enrolment id.
- Enter the Aadhar number and other details like name, mobile number, pin code and verification code.
- After the details entered, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP details and select ‘validate and download’ option.
- As Aadhar will be downloaded in the pdf format before printing, please validate the digital signature.
In case the online site is not accessible for getting duplicate Aadhaar card, offline methods like calling at the toll-free number and visiting the enrolment centre are also available as per the convenience:
Via toll-free method:
- Make a call at the toll-free numbers 1800-180-1947.
- Talk with Aadhaar executive to generate a request for duplicate aadhaar card.
- Answer the questions as asked by the executive to verify details.
- After ascertaining details executive will accept the request and initiate the process.
- A duplicate Aadhaar card copy will be sent to the registered residential address.
By visiting the Enrolment centre:
- Go to the nearest enrolment centre and fill the correction form.
- If the Aadhar number is known, request the registrar to issue the duplicate aadhaar card.
- In case aadhaar number is not present, the executive will verify the biometric data and raise request of generating duplicate aadhaar.
- After the completion of the whole process, duplicate aadhaar card will be posted to the residential address.
Note: No documents are required for the process of retrieving lost aadhar card.