Aadhar Card Services Provided by UIDAI
Nowadays aadhar card has become the vital document for the verification of address and identity of the residents. Both online and offline services are provided by UIDAI to the aadhar applicants for quick redressal of their issues and queries.
The primary objective of UIDAI is to issue aadhar to the residents of India, for enabling the portability of identification on a unified platform through bonafide verification. The electronic verification process is cost-effective and secure.
Additional Services Provided by UIDAI:
- Aadhar number verification: The 12-digit UID number is issued by UIDAI which can be verified in a few simple steps:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- Under Aadhar Services section, Click on 'Verify Aadhar Number.'
- Enter the EID number on new page.
- Enter the security code details.
- If the aadhar number entered correctly, then click on 'Verify' button otherwise click on 'Reset' button visible on the top-right corner of the page.
- The active state of the aadhar card number will be displayed on the page through a message which will also provide information about age, gender, registered mobile number and the state where the aadhar card has been issued.
Email/mobile number verification:
It is important to verify the mobile number or e-mail id registered at the time of enrolment. The verification can be done in a few simple steps:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on 'Verify email/mobile number' under ‘Aadhar Services’ section.
- Enter the aadhar details, the mobile number, and the registered email address.
- Fill the security code displayed on the screen.
- Click on 'Get OTP' button.
How To Check Aadhar and Bank Account Linking Status?
Even after receiving confirmation about linking a bank account with aadhar, if you have received a message from the bank for doing the same, then there may be two reasons for it - either the bank has misplaced your information or they may have mistakenly sent you the message through bulk SMS. In each of these cases, it’s important to check the status of the bank account linking with aadhar, which can be done in two ways with just a few simple steps:
Using UID Portal:
- Log on to Aadhaar website.
- Click on ‘Check Aadhar and Bank Account Linking Status’ on the home page under ‘Aadhar Services’ section.
- Enter the 12 digit aadhaar number and the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- After clicking the ‘Submit’ button, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP details to log in.
Biometric locking and unlocking:
- Biometric data can be locked or unlocked using the mAadhar app by enabling the biometric locking system which will remain locked until it is unlocked.
- No requirement of carrying the physical copy of aadhar.
- It is secured as it has “time-based one time password” rather than “SMS-based one time password”.
- e-KYC with any bank or any financial transactions can be done easily by using mAadhar app.
- The data could also be shared with third-party applications through NFC, QR codes, barcodes or simply through emails.
Aadhar Authentication History:
- Visit the UIDAI website
- Under aadhar services section, click on ‘ Aadhar Authentication History’
- Enter the 12 digit UID number and the security code
- Click on ‘Verify’ button
- OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter the details
UIDAI website services can be accessed by the residents from any location. The government of India and UIDAI has introduced self-service portal for the residents to avail aadhar card services.