Enrolment centres are the establishments which have been created to complete the process of enrolling new residents for issuing Aadhaar cards, helping people who already have aadhaar numbers in updating their information and for other services. These centres are authorized by the UIDAI and operates under the central government.
Steps for Locating Enrolment Centre:
- Go to UIDAI website.
- Select the option of “Locate enrolment and update centres in new cities.”
- Click on state/pin code/search board option.
- Enter your details such as district, sub district, state, town.
- For searching permanent centres, select the checkbox again.
- Enter the verification code and click search button.
- Nearby aadhaar centres will be displayed on the screen.
Enrolment centres can be located in tier-1 and other cities on the basis of pin code and state through search box. There are a few states where government is creating national register of Indian citizens which is a subset of National Population Register. Some of the states under NPR are:
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
There are two kinds of enrolment centres:
- Temporary centres: These are mainly contractual and are operated by non-empanelled agencies. Their main objective is fresh enrolment. Now, as the fresh enrolment is reaching a stationary phase, most of them are ceasing their operations.
- Permanent centres:
These are operated by authorized agencies, and their purpose is to assist the residents with all their aadhaar needs.
As per the new government regulations, all aadhaar card enrolment centres will be either shifted to government organizations or bank premises. Currently, there are 25,000 enrolment centres in the country. UIDAI has asked private and public-sector banks to open one aadhaar enrolment centre in at least one in every ten branches. This step will ensure that these centres don't misuse their authority and unnecessarily charge the customers for services that are free. All tasks in enrolment centres are free of cost except a few where nominal charges are taken by UIDAI.
Locate the Enrolment Centre