The planning commission launched the UIDAI project to improve the welfare services provided to the residents as well as to enact as a supervising entity for monitoring the government schemes and programs.
Services that UIDAI Provides:
Both online and offline services are provided by UIDAI to the residents of India contemplating all the issues related to aadhar. Through UIDAI one can check the location of enrolment centres, the status of aadhar or can update data on the website. The resident can also visit the enrolment centres authorized by UIDAI to rectify any issues related to aadhar or to update/retrieve aadhar card.
Almost every day UIDAI is updating their services online for people to check. The services which are available at UIDAI website:
1.Aadhar Enrolment Services:
- Enrolment centres in bank and post offices
- Locate enrolment and update centres
- Aadhar status check
- Aadhar download
- Get aadhar number on mobile
- Retrieve lost/UID
- UIDAI address update request online
- Update at the enrolment centre
- Check UIDAI aadhar status-Update done at enrolment centre
- Check UIDAI aadhar status-update done online
Aadhar Services at UIDAI:
- Verify aadhar number
- Verify aadhar email number
- Check aadhar and bank account linking status
- Aadhar authentication history
- Virtual ID (VID) generator
UIDAI Model Features:
- The aim of the UIDAI to bring the economically backward and poor people under the scrutiny of the UIDAI scheme to improve the delivery of welfare scheme benefits to them.
- The residents are enrolled through a valid authentication process by UIDAI, accessing their biometric and demographic details to avoid duplication and fraud in the UIDAI database.
- UIDAI ensures that data of the residents remain safe and secure through the use of latest technology system.
Role of UIDAI:
- The purpose of UIDAI is to issue the aadhar card to the residents of India.
- To approve the agencies and provide recruitment to registrars who are dealing with aadhar enrolment of the resident.
- UIDAI utilize the assistance of the service providers for design, deployment, and development of aadhar applications.
Step by step procedure for searching UID/EID by name:
Visit the portal of UIDAI and select 'Find UID/EID'
- Select UID or EID on 'You want to receive your lost' section.
- Enter the required details and the security code displayed in the captcha.
- Press on 'Get OTP' button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the details of OTP and click on 'Verify OTP.'
- An email or SMS will be sent to your registered details with UID/EID details.