The planning commission launched the UIDAI project to improve the welfare services provided to the residents as well as to set up a supervising entity for monitoring the government schemes and programs.
Services that UIDAI Provides:
Both online and offline services are provided by UIDAI to the residents of India contemplating all the issues related to Aadhaar. Through UIDAI, one can check the location of enrolment centres, the status of Aadhaar, or can update data on the website. The resident can also visit the enrolment centres authorized by UIDAI to rectify any issues related to Aadhaar or to update/retrieve Aadhaar card.
With each passing day, UIDAI is updating their services online for people to check. The services which are available at UIDAI website are:
- Enrolment centres in bank and post offices
- Locate enrolment and update centres
- Aadhaar status check
- Aadhaar download
- Get Aadhaar number on mobile
- Retrieve lost UID
- UIDAI address update request online
- Update at the enrolment centre
- Check UIDAI Aadhaar status-Update done at enrolment centre
- Check UIDAI Aadhaar status-update done online
Aadhaar Services at UIDAI:
- Verify Aadhaar number
- Verify Aadhaar email number
- Check Aadhaar and bank account linking status
- Aadhaar authentication history
- Virtual ID (VID) generator
UIDAI Model Features:
- The aim of the UIDAI is to bring the economically backward and poor people under the scrutiny of the UIDAI scheme to improve the delivery of welfare scheme benefits to them.
- The residents are enrolled through a valid authentication process by UIDAI, accessing their biometric and demographic details to avoid duplication and fraud in the UIDAI database.
- UIDAI ensures that data of the residents remain safe and secure through the use of latest technology system.
Role of UIDAI:
- To issue the Aadhaar card to the residents of India.
- To approve the agencies and provide recruitment to registrars who are dealing with Aadhaar enrolment of the resident.
- To utilize the assistance of the service providers for design, deployment, and development of Aadhaar applications.
Step by step procedure for searching UID/EID by name:
- Visit the portal of UIDAI and select 'Find UID/EID.'
- Select UID or EID on 'You want to receive your lost' section.
- Enter the required details and the security code displayed in the captcha.
- Press on 'Get OTP' button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the details of OTP and click on 'Verify OTP.'
- An email or SMS will be sent to your registered details with UID/EID details.