LIC has started the facility of linking Aadhaar with LIC Insurance Policy, online and offline.
Online Method of linking Aadhaar and LIC Insurance Policy:
- Visit the LIC website.
- On the homepage, you will find a link stating “Link Aadhaar and PAN to LIC Policies”
- Clicking on the link will redirect you towards another page
- Enter your 12 digit aadhaar, PAN and policy number along with the other personal details in line with Aadhaar.
- Provide your consent by ticking the checkbox and enter the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- Click on ‘Get OTP’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number by LIC.
- After the submission, a message will be displayed on the screen informing about the success of registration request.
- After verification with UIDAI, a confirmation SMS or email will be sent.
Offline Method of Linking Aadhaar and LIC Insurance Policy:
If you don't have internet access or if the online method is not convenient for you, visit the nearby LIC branch and submit the request in just a few steps:
- Visit the nearest LIC branch and request for the form or download the form from the LIC website.
- Enter all the policy details you want to link with Aadhaar.
- Attach the self-attested copies of Aadhaar and PAN card. In case you don’t have PAN card, submit Form-60.
- Sign the form and review it before the final submission.
- No facility to link Aadhaar numbers to LIC policy through SMS is provided by LIC as of now.
- IRDAI had mandated the linking of aadhaar as per the Prevention of Money Laundering (Second Amendment Rules) making Aadhaar and PAN mandatory for buying an insurance policy or linking with an existing one. The deadline has now been extended until the Supreme Court decides on the matter. However, insurance service providers have made the linking mandatory for buying a new insurance policy.
No, both the documents can be linked without creating LIC login.
Once UIDAI completes the verification procedure, you will receive a mail within a few working days.