Fill Correction Form
Aadhar correction form is used when any resident has to update or correct the information in the aadhar card.UIDAI doesn't charge any fee for downloading the correction form from their site.
There are two ways of updating the aadhar details:
- Offline: The correction form is attached with the supporting documents and submitted offline either via post or at the enrolment centre.
- Online: The form is filled and submitted to the UIDAI portal.
Stepwise Process of Filling and Submitting the Correction Form Online:
This method is one of the quickest and convenient modes of updating or correcting the details on aadhar card. Below are the steps which one need to follow for doing the process:
- Visit the official UIDAI website or go to self-service update portal directly through this link.
- Enter the 12-digits EID or aadhar number and the security code.
- Click on 'Send OTP' button.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP details and click on 'submit' button.
- Choose the fields which require correction and enter the correct data.
- Scan the supporting documents to upload them on the portal.
- After the completion of the above steps, a URN number will be generated.
- This URN number will be used to track the status of aadhar update.
Stepwise Process of Filling and Submitting the Correction Form Offline:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- On the blue navigation tab, under the 'Resources' section, click on 'Download Forms' in links under 'Enrolment Documents.'
- The form will be downloaded in the pdf format.
- Enter the correct details which need to be updated.
- Attach the documents of proof which specifying the details you want to modify.
- Send the form via post to UIDAI office at the below-mentioned address:
UIDAI, Post Box -99
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
The content of the Aadhar Correction Form:
Here is the list of fields that are mandated to be filled by the resident:
- Update/ Correction: Select the field that you would like to update or correct.
- Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format
- Email Id
- EID or Aadhar number
- Mobile Number
The correction form is a two-page document, on one page it contains the required fields, and on the second page, it includes instructions for the applicant to consider while filling the form.
Instructions to Keep in Mind While Filling form:
- Fill the form in capital letters.
- Enter the correct mobile number details as information regarding OTP or any other update will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- If you are submitting the form online, fill the form in English as well as the local language.
- The name which you enter in the Full Name field, should not include salutations.
- Mention your complete address as a physical copy of aadhar will be sent to that address only.
- While self-attesting the form and attaching the documents, remember that your name should be explicit below the signature or thumb impressions.