Aadhaar correction form is used when any resident has to update or correct the information in their Aadhaar card. UIDAI doesn't charge any fee for downloading the correction form from their website.
There are two ways of updating the Aadhaar details:
- Offline: The correction form is attached with the supporting documents and submitted offline either via post or at the enrolment centre.
- Online: The form is filled and submitted to the UIDAI portal.
Stepwise Process of Filling and Submitting the Correction Form Online:
This method is one of the quickest and most convenient modes of updating or correcting the details on your Aadhaar card. Below are the steps that one needs to follow:
- Visit the official UIDAI website or go to self-service update portal directly through this link.
- Enter the 12-digits EID or Aadhaar number and the security code.
- Click on 'Send OTP' button.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP details and click on 'submit' button.
- Choose the fields that require correction and enter the correct data.
- Scan the supporting documents to upload them on the portal.
- After the completion of the above steps, a URN number will be generated.
- This URN number will be used to track the status of Aadhaar update.
Stepwise Process of Filling and Submitting the Correction Form Offline:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- On the blue navigation tab, under the 'Resources' section, click on 'Download Forms' in links under 'Enrolment Documents.'
- The form will be downloaded in the pdf format.
- Enter the correct details that need to be updated.
- Attach the documents as proof that specify the details you wish to modify.
- Send the form via post to UIDAI office at this address:
UIDAI, Post Box -99
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
The Content of the Aadhaar Correction Form:
Here is the list of fields that are to be filled by the resident:
- Update/Correction: Select the field that you would like to update or correct.
- Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format
- Email Id
- EID or Aadhaar number
- Mobile number
The correction form is a two-page document - the first page contains the required fields; the second page contains instructions for the applicant to refer to while filling the form.
Instructions to Keep in Mind while Filling the Form:
- Fill the form in capital letters.
- Enter the correct mobile number details as information regarding OTP or any other update will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- The name that you enter in the 'Full Name' field should not include salutations.
- Mention your complete address as the physical copy of your Aadhaar card will be sent to that address.
- While self-attesting the form and attaching the documents, remember that your name should be clearly written below the signature or thumb impression.