To make all the information related to Aadhaar accessible to the customers on mobile devices, UIDAI launched an Aadhaar-centric app known as mAadhaar app, which is available for all smartphone users. Availability of soft copy of Aadhaar with all verified information on the mobile through the app makes it easy for customers to show it to the service providers whenever required.
The process of mAadhaar Download on Smartphone:
There are a few simple steps to follow:
Go to google play store and search for the app by typing mAadhaar in the search bar present at the top.
Select the mAadhaar UIDAI app and install it on the mobile phone.
Open the app after it is installed.
Create a password after opening it and import all the Aadhaar details to it.
The Process of Linking Aadhaar Number with mAadhaar App:
- After the installation of the mAadhaar app, open it and create a password.
- Either create the profile or scan the barcode from the Aadhaar card.
- After scanning the barcode, verify it by clicking on ‘Verify’ button.
- As the details will sync, an OTP will be sent directly on your registered mobile number which will be automatically entered into the app interface.
- After the OTP details are filled, the app will import the Aadhaar profile including name, registered phone number and residential address with other info.
The Process to Delete mAadhaar App:
- Open your profile on the mAadhaar app and click on the drop-down menu which is present at the top right side of the screen.
- Choose the ‘delete profile’ option.
- Enter the password for authentication in case the delete option was mistakenly chosen. Your profile will be deleted.
mAadhaar App Benefits:
- Biometric locking and unlocking: Biometric data can be locked or unlocked using the mAadhaar app by enabling the biometric locking system which will remain locked until it is unlocked.
- No requirement of carrying the physical copy of Aadhaar.
- It is secured as it has “time-based one time password” rather than “SMS-based one time password”.
- e-KYC with any bank or any financial transactions can be done easily by using mAadhaar app.
- The data could also be shared with third-party applications through NFC, QR codes, barcodes or simply through emails.
Important Points to Consider About mAadhaar App:
- Registered and verified SIM card should be used to install mAadhaar app on the mobile phone.
- Don’t navigate to other apps while waiting for OTP.
- Maximum three profiles can be accessed on one mobile phone.
- It is easy to share the demographic details through mAadhaar app using QR code.
- Aadhaar app can be used on one device.
Verification will not work if the mobile number is not registered. So either visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre or register it online.
Yes, now it is available on iPhone.
You need to repeat the entire linking process.