State Bank of India is the largest service provider with 23,000 branches across India and SBI Life Insurance is the trusted insurance provider as it has a wide customer base. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) of India has mandated it for all the policyholders to link Aadhaar with SBI Life Insurance Policy, though the deadline has been extended as of now. This decision has been made with an aim to curb the black money hoarders. SBI Life has come up with a provision to facilitate the policyholders in linking their Aadhaar numbers with their policies online and offline.
Online Method of Linking Aadhaar with SBI Life Insurance Policy:
- Visit the homepage of SBI Life where you will see an option ‘Link your Aadhaar and PAN to your Insurance policy’. Clicking on the button will redirect you to a new page
- Either enter your policy number or your customer ID along with your date of birth and the security code displayed on the screen.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button.
- You will get a confirmation SMS stating whether your Aadhaar update has been successful or not.
Online Method of Linking Aadhaar with SBI Life Insurance Policy Through My Account:
- Login to your SBI life account.
- Click on ‘Update Aadhaar/PAN’ from profile related section.
- Enter the Aadhaar and PAN card details and submit them by ticking the checkbox of the declaration.
- A confirmation message will be sent on your registered mobile number informing about successful Aadhaar-PAN linking.
Offline Method of Linking Aadhaar with SBI Life Insurance Policy:
- Visit the nearest SBI Life Insurance office and carry along your PAN and Aadhaar card.
- Request for the Aadhaar update form and fill it with the required details.
- Attach the self-attested copies of Aadhaar card and PAN card.
- Review the form before the final submission to the executive.
- An acknowledgment slip will be given to you for tracking the Aadhaar linking status.
- A confirmation message will be given to you informing about the successful update of Aadhaar details in SBI Life Insurance policy.
Points to Note:
- Carry your PAN Card and Aadhaar along with you while visiting the SBI Life office or for the online method of Aadhaar linking.
- If you don’t have PAN card, submit Form 60 along with the Aadhaar linking form.
- Don’t access your private account through a public computer in order to be safe from data forgery.
- To avail this facility, your mobile number should be registered with your Aadhaar and your insurance policy.
FAQs in Linking Aadhaar with SBI Life Insurance Policy
Yes, you can call the customer care from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on their toll-free number (180022900).