Aadhaar card verification can be done through UIDAI website by submitting the 12 digit aadhaar number. Aadhaar card is a unique identity which is issued by UIDAI to the residents of India, along with which, it also maintains the data of every cardholder in the database.
Now the question is - why is Aadhaar card verification required?
Aadhaar card verification is required to ensure that the Aadhaar number and other information such as demographic and biometric data on the Aadhaar card are valid and correct. In case any information is incorrect, the Aadhaar cardholder can contact the UIDAI immediately by visiting the enrolment center or via phone or email - however it is convenient.
Steps for Verification of Aadhaar Card Online:
- Visit the official site of UIDAI.
- Under the Aadhaar services section, click on ‘Verify Aadhaar’ link.
- It will redirect you to another page
- Enter the 12 digit aadhaar number or UID and security code which is displayed on the screen.
- Click on ‘Verify’ button.
- A new page will open showing whether your Aadhaar number exists or not, along with other details such as age band, gender, mobile number and the state of residence.