How to Download and Print E-Aadhaar?
Your Aadhaar card will be sent to your registered residential address via India Post within 3 months (90 days) of submitting the application, provided that your documents are successfully verified and your biometric records are registered. However, once the Aadhaar card status has been generated online, the E-Aadhaar card download option is activated.You can get your e-Aadhaar by following this simple process in the official website of UIDAI:
Aadhaar Card Download Using Aadhaar Number:
- Go to the UIDAI website.
- Select the ‘download e-Aadhaar option’
- You will be redirected to a new web page
- In case you already know the Aadhaar number, select the Aadhaar option and fill your details such as Aadhaar number, full name, pin code of address and the captcha image.
- Select ‘Get one-time password’ option to get the OTP on the mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- If you're using m-Aadhaar, then select the option of TOTP.
- Fill the OTP details that have been sent to your mobile number.
- Press ‘click and validate’ button for e-Aadhaar download on computer or phone.
- Adobe reader is required to open the pdf file as e-Aadhaar will be downloaded in the same format.
- After the Aadhaar card is downloaded, open the file using the password, and either get it printed or save it on you mobile for future.
E-Aadhaar copy as a valid ID proof is acceptable.
Aadhaar Card Download Using Enrolment Number:
- Go to the website link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eidand enter the required details to retrieve your lost EID or Aadhaar number.
- Then enter your full name along with either your registered mobile number or e-mail id. Enter the security code.
- Select ‘send one time password button’ and enter the OTP details that have been sent on the registered mobile number. Complete the process by clicking on the ‘Verify OTP’ button.
- After getting Aadhaar enrolment number on your mobile number, visit the official page of UIDAI website and click on ‘I have enrolment id option’.
- Enter the Aadhaar enrolment number, full name, pin code and image captcha.
- Click on ‘One-time password’ button. Enter the OTP details that are been sent to your mobile and click on ‘Validate and download’ option to complete the process.
The Process of Printing Aadhaar:
After downloading the e-Aadhaar, open the file on the mobile or computer using the pdf reader; click on the ‘print’ option to get a printout. While taking the printout, please make sure that your device is connected to the printer. If you don’t have a printer, take the file in a pen drive and get the printout from a store.