Introduction to Aadhar Card Authentication
Aadhar Card Authentication:
The process which involves verification of aadhar details is referred as Aadhar Authentication. The information on aadhar card is validated based on demographic and biometric data by Central Identities Data Repository(CIDR). The process of aadhaar authentication has been designed for easy and quick verification of aadhar.
How does Aadhar Authentication work?
For any official application when an individual is asked to present Proof of Identity, he or she submits documents such as Voter Id, Passport, Driving license, etc. A different governing body issues each document which makes the verification process difficult, but demographic authentication eliminates the offline verification process in aadhar. Online method of demographic and biometric verification is a reliable and secure process which can be accomplished in a few steps.
Methods of Aadhar Authentication:
- Demographic Authentication: Every applicant provides the personal details referred to as demographic information such as name, address, date of birth, gender while applying for aadhar. The CIDR validates the information provided by the applicant through cross-checking with the details stored in the repository.
- Biometric Authentication: In this method, the biometric information given by the applicant during aadhar verification is checked against the stored biometric data. Biometric verification process is of two kinds:
- Multi-factor Authentication: Here UIDAI provides multiple authentication processes based on the requirement, out of which an agency can choose.
- OTP-based Aadhar Authentication: The another option of verifying aadhar is an OTP-based method in which the information of an individual is authenticated through the OTP sent to the registered mobile number.After which an individual needs to enter the aadhar number along with OTP.
Benefits of Aadhar Authentication:
- Works as Proof of Address: Both Aadhar card and e-aadhar works as legal POA document while applying for various services such as opening a new bank account, or benefits of government schemes such as LPG gas subsidy.
- Helps in Payment Verification: Apps such as BHIM uses aadhar authentication for validating the transaction through Unified Payment Interface(UPI).
Aadhar is one of the best methods to identify individuals considering its wide range of multifactor authentication process which is secure and reliable.