Aadhaar Card in Assam
Aadhaar card is a 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI to the residents of India.
Aadhaar Card Registration in Assam:
The people of Assam can register for Aadhaar card either by visiting the Aadhaar enrolment centre set by UIDAI or can opt to pre-register for Aadhaar card online.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Registration in Assam:
UIDAI has mentioned a list of all the documents required for the application of Aadhaar card.
Proof of Identity Documents for Aadhaar Enrolment:
- Voter ID
- Pan card
- Driving license
- Ration card
- Pensioner photo ID card
- Freedom fighter photo card
- Arms license
- Certificate of identity by the gazetted officer on a valid letterhead
- Kisan passbook with photo
- ATM Card with photo
- NREGS job card
- Disability ID card
- Photo ID
Proof of Address for Aadhaar Enrolment:
- Statement of the bank in which the applicant holds the account.
- Account statement or passbook of the post office.
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Photo identification cards issued by the government.
- PSU issued service photo id card.
- Electricity bill, not older than three months.
- Water bill, not older than three months.
- Telephone bill for last three months.
- Property tax receipt of the previous three months.
- Last three months credit card statement.
- Insurance policy.
- Job card for NREGA.
- Arms license.
- Pensioner card.
- Freedom fighter card.
- Kisan passbook.
The Process of Aadhaar Card Registration in Assam:
- People who are willing to enroll for Aadhaar should locate a nearby authorized enrolment centre and visit it with their address proof and the identity proof.
- The second step would be to book an appointment online, which saves a lot of time and effort in comparison to visiting enrolment centre directly.
- Once you visit the centre, fill the form and attach it to the required documents. You can also download the form online, fill it up and take it to the enrolment centre for submission.
- Along with the submission of form and documents, submission of the photograph and biometric data (such as fingerprints and iris scan) are also required. Make sure that you have cross-checked the form before the final submission.
- After enrolment, you will get an acknowledgment slip with a fourteen-digit enrolment number to help you in tracking the status of Aadhaar card application, and it will work till the time you get the original Aadhaar card.
- Before issuing the Aadhaar card, UIDAI will verify the provided data.
- If the data verification is successfully done, the applicant gets notified via e-mail or SMS; and within few days, the original Aadhaar card is sent to the provided residential address via post.
The Process of Doing Aadhaar Card Status Check Online:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Open the Aadhaar enrolment section and select ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ option or visit the page directly.
- Fill the enrolment ID, security code, date and time of enrolment details, and click on ‘check status’ option.
- If the Aadhaar has been generated, a message will be sent on your registered mobile number by UIDAI with the options of either downloading or getting the Aadhaar number on mobile.
- If you are looking for e-Aadhaar download, select download 'Aadhaar' option.
- Click on “Get Aadhaar on mobile” button to get it on your mobile phone.
The Process of Downloading Aadhaar Copy through Aadhaar Number:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- As 'Aadhaar online services' section is further divided into three subsections, you should navigate through 'Aadhaar Enrolment' section and click on 'download Aadhaar' link listed under it.
- Clicking on 'download Aadhaar' link will take you to another page with the options of downloading e-Aadhaar by using Aadhaar number or UID (Unique Identification Number), EID (Aadhaar Enrolment ID, which is issued at the time submission of Aadhaar application) or VID (Aadhaar Virtual ID, which allows the user to authenticate transactions and complete e-kyc process without using Aadhaar number).
- This option is helpful if the Aadhaar card is lost but you still remember the Aadhaar number. In that case, enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number that was printed on the Aadhaar card and enter all personal details like full name and the pin code of your residential address.
- Fill the captcha code as displayed on the screen.
- In case you have the TOTP (Time-based OTP) that can be generated through the m-Aadhaar app, put a tick mark in the checkbox, else request for an OTP.
- If you have requested for an OTP, the OTP number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the 6 digit OTP and click on ‘download Aadhaar’.