Aadhar Card in Assam
Aadhar card is a 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI to the residents of India of all ages.
Aadhar Card Registration in Assam:
The people in Assam can register for aadhar card either by visiting the aadhar enrolment centre set through UIDAI or can opt to pre-register for aadhar card online.
Documents Required for Registration in Assam:
UIDAI has mentioned the list of all the documents required for the application of aadhar card.
Proof Of Identity Documents for Aadhar Enrolment:
- Voter Id
- Pan card
- Driving license
- Ration Card
- Pensioner photo ID card
- Freedom fighter photo card
- Arms license
- Certificate of Identity by the gazetted officer on letterhead
- Kisan Passbook with photo
- ATM Card with photo
- NREGS Job Card
- Disability ID Card
- Photo ID
Proof Of Address for Aadhar Enrolment:
- Statement of the bank in which the applicant holds the account.
- Account statement or passbook of the post office.
- Ration card
- Voter Id
- Driving license
- Photo identifications cards issued by the government.
- PSU issued service photo id card.
- Electricity bill not older than three months.
- Water bill not older than three months.
- Telephone bill for last three months.
- Property tax receipt of the previous three months.
- Last three months credit card statement
- Insurance Policy
- Job card for NREGS.
- Arms license
- Pensioner card
- Freedom fighter card.
- Kisan passbook
The Process of Aadhar Card Registration in Assam:
- After the person has made his/her mind for enrolment, a nearby authorized enrolment centre need to located online on the portal of UIDAI, where the individuals need to carry their address proof and the identity proof along while visiting.
- The second step is of booking an appointment online which saves lots of effort in comparison of visiting directly to enrolment centre.
- Once you visit the centre, fill the form and tag it with the required documents or else download the form online, fill it and bring it for submission to the enrolment centre.
- Along with the submission of form and documents, submission of the photograph and biometric data such as fingerprint impressions and iris scan are also required. Make sure that you have cross-checked the form before the final submission.
- After enrolment, you will get an acknowledgment slip having fourteen digits enrolment number which helps in tracking the status of Aadhaar card application, and it works till the time you get original Aadhaar card.
- Before issuing the Aadhar card, UIDAI will verify the provided data.
- If the data verification remains successful, the applicant gets notified via e-mail or SMS and within few days original aadhaar card is sent to the provided residential address via post.
The Process of Doing Aadhar Card Status Check Online:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Open the aadhar enrolment section and select ‘Check Aadhar Status’ option or visit the page directly.
- Fill the enrolment ID, security code, date and time of enrolment details, and click on ‘check status’ option.
- If the aadhar has been generated, a message will be sent on your registered mobile number by UIDAI with the options of either downloading or getting aadhar number on mobile.
- If you are looking for e-aadhar download, select download aadhar option.
- Click on “Get aadhar on mobile” button to get it on your mobile phone.
The Process of Downloading Aadhar Copy Through Aadhar Number:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- As 'aadhar online services' section is further divided into three subsections, you should navigate through 'Aadhar Enrolment' section and click on 'download aadhar' link listed under it.
- Clicking on 'download aadhar' link will take you to another page asking you for downloading e-aadhar by using aadhar number or UID (Unique Identification Number), EID(Aadhaar Enrolment ID which is issued at the time submission of aadhar application) or VID(Aadhar Virtual ID which allows the user to authenticate transactions and complete e-kyc process without using aadhar number).
- This option is helpful if the aadhar card is lost but you still remember the aadhar number. In that case, enter the 12 digit aadhaar number which was printed on the aadhar card and enter the personal details like full name and the pin code of your residential address.
- Fill the captcha code as displayed on the screen.
- In case you have the TOTP (Time-based OTP) which can be generated through the m-aadhar app, put the tick mark in the checkbox, else request for an OTP.
- If you have requested for an OTP, the OTP number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the 6 digit OTP and click on ‘download aadhar’.