Indian Oil Corporation Limited is the largest Indian commercial enterprise that specializes in fuel, lubricants and petrochemicals. Indian Oil Corporation introduced Indane LPG in India in the 1970s and made the fuel more efficiently adopted by the people of the country. Indane Gas has come a long way now, with the brand's name linked with safety, reliability and convenience
Indane Gas has 5.8 million customers in the country and the statistics suggest that every second gas connection in India is Indane Gas.
Indane Gas Registration Online
- Visit the official website of Indane to register for a new Indane Gas connection online
- You'll be then required to fill the registration form by providing the following details
- State of residence
- District of Residence
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
How can I book Indane Gas?
Some of the ways in which Indane Gas booking can be made are:
- Visit the official website of indane and book your refill using your login credentials. You'll be required to register if you are a new user.
- You can also send an SMS from your registered contact number to book your LPG Gas. Get the format of the text in the official website of Indane Gas and use the phone number allotted to your state to use this SMS Service.
- The gas cylinder can be booked through IVRS service as well. The steps to book the gas cylinder through the IVRS service are described below.
The Indane Gas Online booking is now easier since the Gas provider currently offers a mobile application. You can now download the Indane Gas Application online and then book your GAS cylinder from the app
What are the documents required for getting new Indane LPG Connection?
The consumers are required to submit a set of documents while submitting their application form. Here's the list of documents that are required to be submitted while applying for a new LPG connection.
Documents linked with Identity Proof
- Driver's License
- Government Issued Photo ID
Proof of Address
- Driver's License
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- House Registration Document
- Utility Bills
- Bank Account Passbook
- Credit/Debit Card Statement
- Passport-size photographs
How to book Indane Gas Online
Indane Gas refill can be booked online easily through the web portal. Follow the steps described below to know how to book the Indane Gas cylinder online.
- To book the Indane Gas cylinder online, you need to be a registered customer of Indane Gas. If you aren't registered, you can provide details like customer number, your LPG ID, PAN, Ration Card Number, Mobile Number and Contact Address.
- You can log in to the Indane Gas Portal after giving your login ID and password details. After you have logged in successfully, you'll be able to book the Indane Gas cylinder online easily. For completing the process of booking online, you'll be required to provide your details and submit the form.
- The order is then forwarded to your local distributor and you'll be able to pay the amount to the distributor on its delivery. You can track the status of your booking online through the Indane GAS Booking portal.
Indane Gas Booking through SMS
Even if you don't have an internet connection, you can still book for an LPG Gas refill using the SMS facility that is offered by Indane. You can follow these steps below to book Indane Gas online through SMS
How can I register for Indane Gas SMS Service
- If you are using the SMS facility of Indane Gas for the first time, then you'll be required to register to the online portal.
- You'll be required to send your IOC to the IVRS Number for your area.
- For any subsequent bookings, you can SMS IOC and send it to the concerned area number through your registered mobile number.
Gas Booking through IVRS
Indane Gas has introduced the IVRS system in three languages to help its customers- your local language, Hindi and English. After opting for the language, the customer can follow these steps to book an Indane Gas Refill through IVRS
- Provide your STD Code and telephone number/mobile number of the distributor.
- The caller will be required to provide the consumer's number once the distributor is identified.
- To find out the consumer number the customers can refer to the cash memo of the last refill.
- After your customer number is validated through IVRS, the system will ask for the services that you need. The options/services available are-refill booking, registering complaint and details of the last booking.
- If you wish to book a refill, then you may select the option and your request will be filed and a booking reference number will be generated. The booking reference number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Indane Gas Customer Care Number
A toll-free number has been set forth by the company through which all its customers can put forth their queries, complaints and feedbacks. The toll-free number can be reached from any part of the country, with an extensive team of trained professionals handling the calls.
The toll-free number for lodging any queries with Indane Gas is 1800 2333 555
The complainant can lodge their complaints from 8 am to 8 pm.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana for Indane Gas
Since the time the present government has come into power, a large number of schemes have been put forward to benefit people who can't afford necessities to live a healthy life. The recent schemes are focused on the improvement of the poor and needy. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme is one such scheme which is meant to benefit people and their families who are below the poverty line when it comes to the family income. This article talks about this scheme in detail.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme
This scheme aims to provide clean cooking fuel to the women who are below poverty line and generally use firewood or coal as a cooking fuel.
Through this Ujjwala Yojana scheme, the government hopes to provide Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) connection to over five crore women who are part of families that are below poverty line.
Some of the primary objectives of the PMUY Scheme are:
- Protecting women's' health
- Curbing health issues due to unclean cooking fuel
- Reducing casualties that occur due to unclean fuel
- Preventing environmental degradation
Precautions and Safety Tips for LPG Gas Connection
LPG is commonly used in nearly every industry for obvious reasons like affordability, Eco-friendliness, utility, etc. It is rightfully known to be one of the most reliable and easily manageable fuels. However, owing to certain properties of LPG, like inflammability and highly pressurized storage, LPG is also considered to be one of the hazardous fuels to use. These accidents often happen due to negligence and carelessness and not due to the volatile nature of LPG. The use of LPG must be in line with protective measures specified by the LPG provider.Careless/Negligent use of LPG can result in blasts, fire hazards, property damage and most vitally deathly injuries or death.damage of property. One should not overlook problems like pipes or cylinder leakages if the cylinder storage is improper or faulty regulators etc
Discussed below are some of the safety measures that could be taken in a particular situation
Approval of LPG Appliances
- Go for BIS validated devices
- Get the rubber tubes that are authorized by BIS
- Always get LPG regulators from certified suppliers
While getting cylinders
- Ensure that there's company seal on the gas cylinder and safety cap is fixed on it
- Do not hesitate to ask the delivery man for a demo if you're unsure about the handling of the cylinder
- The cylinder must be fixed at the ground level
- Dragging, rolling or dropping the cylinder is highly inadvisable.
Before Usage & After Usage
- Make sure that the rubber ring on the safety cap is intact after usage
- Be alert for any possible sign of seepage/leakage of gas. You can take the soap solution test to confirm if there's any leakage
- Never use match-sticks/candles to look for leakages
- Always store the cylinder in a vertical position and on a ground level during usage
- Never keep the cylinder in a cabinet
- LPG Stove must be fitted above the kitchen slab just above the cylinder
- The cylinder must be kept far from other sources of heat
- Turn the regulator knob off once you're done with cooking
- Store empty cylinders in cool and airy spot. Always ensure that the safety cap is intact
- When you turn the knob on for cooking, keep the lighter ready
- When you change the LPG cylinder, don't forget to switch off the flame
- the rubber tube must be changed once every six months
In Case of a Leakage
- Stay calm and do not panic
- Do not turn on any electrical appliances in the kitchen if you doubt leakage
- Put out all the flames, incense sticks and lights
- Shut down the appliance in case of leakage
- Put the safety cap on immediately after the regulator is turned off
- Ensure ventilation by keeping all the windows and doors open. Do not turn on the electric fans or exhaust fans for this purpose
- Get in touch with your dealer