BPCL is a venture of GOI that supplies petroleum and allied products in the Indian market. The company offers a wide array of products including LPG, petrol, diesel, etc.
Bharat Gas is a prominent LPG product of BPCL in India. The distribution network of the BPCL is increasing by leaps and bounds, and it supplies LPG gas cylinders to both urban and rural areas, making its presence in over 42 million homes. Bharat Gas has a comprehensive network of 4,494 distributors and 50 modern filling plants across the country. For facilitating faster service, the company has launched “e-bharatgas portal,” an online initiative through which the customers can register, book the cylinders online, and track the status of their LPG orders. The customers can also share their feedback on the website and can speak directly to the organization. The customers can contact Bharat Gas through SMS, IVRS, and mobile app at their convenience.
'Beyond LPG' initiative is launched by the company to provide some relief to the customers from daily chores of searching and shopping for low-cost products. BPCL has tied up with the reputed brands to make available FMCG and other products at lucrative prices through their distributor's network.
Bharat Gas New Connection
Customers who wish to register for a Bharat Gas new connection can do it either online or offline. Both methods provide quick and efficient service and delivery.
Offline Process to Register for Bharat Gas New Connection
- Register your mobile or land-line number with the nearby Bharat Gas distributor.
- Either download the application form from the Bharat Gas website or visit the nearest distributor and collect it from there.
- Once you have entered the details and submitted the form, you will be notified regarding your application with an acknowledgment receipt within 4-5 days.
Online Process to Register for a Bharat Gas New Connection
- Visit the Bharat Gas portal and register as a new customer.
- On the home page, click on the “new user” and provide the consumer number and registered mobile number to begin the process.
- If your number is not registered with Bharat Gas, then download the form and fill in the necessary details. Submit it to a nearby distributor.
- You will get an SMS with your login credentials confirming your registration, after which, you can sign in to your account.
- Log in to your account and select the “new domestic LPG connection” option. Even if you don't have sign in details, you can click on "Register for a new LPG connection" option available on the home page of the “e-bharatgas” website.
- Find your nearest gas distributors and click on "show list." Select your distributor and click on the "continue" button.
- You will be redirected to the KYC form.
- Fill the online form with all the necessary details. Once the details are entered in the form, upload the supporting documents and then click on the “submit” button.
- You can track the application status online and will receive a notification once you are registered for the gas connection.
Documents Required for Bharat Gas Connection
While applying for a new Bharat Gas connection, whether offline or online, you will have to submit certain KYC documents along with your application form. These documents are used to verify your identity and address. Following are the documents that can be submitted as a proof of identity and address when applying for a new Bharat Gas connection:
Documents for Identity Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter identity card
- Driving license
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- ID proof issued by either of the Central or State Governments
Documents for Address Proof
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- Mobile /electricity/ water bill
- LIC policy
- Bank statements
- House registration document
- Possession letter for a flat/apartment
- Address declaration attested by a Gazetted officer
- Ration card
- Lease agreement
How do the Customers Receive the Bharat Gas LPG Subsidy?
The customers can receive the subsidy in their bank accounts through two methods. If a customer joins the scheme, they are known as Cash Transfer Complaint.
These options are :
- Aadhaar Number is the only medium of transfer. The Aadhaar Number must be linked with the person's bank account and subsequently their LPG Consumer Number so that the consumer can avail the benefits of the subsidy. Consumers can link their Aadhar Number to their LPG Consumer Number through their bank accounts or by simply visiting the official website of LPG.
- If the consumer doesn't have an Aadhar number, then they can link their consumer number with their bank account by providing the account information to the LPG distributor so that the subsidy amount is transferred to the bank account.