The most widely used cooking gas is LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas. It is considered to be a better alternative to wood, kerosene or firewood. Every year a fixed number of cylinders are subsidized by the government, which makes these LPG Cylinders affordable for the needy.
The three national LPG Gas suppliers: Bharat Gas, Indane Gas and HP Gas, make the supply of these LPG Gas Cylinders more convenient for the people. The cylinders are dispatched on the based on availability and it is also possible for the customers to book the cylinders online and the chances of cylinders getting misplaced or missing can be minimized by streamlining the distribution.
Transferring a Gas Connection
Transferring of a gas connection from one company to another creates healthy competition between the gas companies and it ensures that the companies provide their customers with the best quality and service.
In the earlier days, the companies used the system known as de-linking, in which the customer was supposed to approach the distributor of the current gas company and submit the request for transfer manually. The customer would then be required to approach the gas distributor company that he/she is switching to and submit the transfer request. However, sometimes these distributors refused to accept the requests and cause nuances for the customers.
Bharat gas, Indane Gas as well as HP Gas allow you to transfer a gas connection among them without requiring you to cancel the existing connection.
Online Method of Transferring Gas Connection from One Company to Another
The process to initiate a transfer from Indane Gas to HP Gas is now done electronically. This means that the transfer request is accepted by the company online.
Transferring HP Gas Connection to Bharat Gas
- To transfer HP Gas to Bharat Gas, the consumer will have to register online
- Choose your distributor from the list of options provided on the website
- A confirmation email is sent to the customer which confirms the distribution and other procedures following that.
- The customer will be required to return the safety regulator and all other equipment that came along with HP Gas since they won't be compatible with the Bharat Gas cylinder
- The customer can track the status of the transfer request and he/she will be notified through the registered email or registered phone number once the request is accepted.
- Once the transfer request is processed, the customer receives the cylinder and no additional fees is charged from the customer for this
- To make the transfer from any of the gas connection, the same procedure is required to be followed by the customer.