Here is the list of documents that are required to be submitted while transferring the gas connection from one agency to another
- Identity Proof
- Address proof
- Gas Book
- Gas Regulator
- Gas Connection Voucher
- Letter Requesting Transfer
How to Transfer a Gas Connection
The three gas agencies have the same procedure for the transfer of gas connection. The steps that you need to follow to transfer your gas connection to a different agency is described below:
- The first step is to get the details of the gas agency that you're moving your gas connection to. The information can be extracted from the company's website.
- Take the original and photocopies of your identity and address proof and other documents that are mentioned above to your current gas distributor
- Submit the transfer letter, gas connection voucher and gas regulator in person to the gas distributor.
- If you wish to transfer the connection from one city to another, you'll b required to submit the existing cylinder as well as the safety gas regulator
- You'll be receiving a refund of the security deposit that you made while taking the gas connection
- You'll be receiving a gas transfer voucher which looks similar to the gas connection voucher
- Before leaving the office, ensure that the details provided by you are correct.
- You'll also be required to provide the details of your new residence and submit the address proof along with your identity proof and the gas transfer voucher.
- You will be required to pay a nominal fee as the transfer charge which varies from agency to agency.
- After you have submitted the documents, the agency confirms your transfer to the address that you have provided
- In a few days, you'll also be able to book cylinder at the agency which could be delivered to your new address
- You can request for assistance from the helplines provided if you need assistance regarding the transfer of your gas connection