Bank Account can be linked with PAN via two methods; online or offline. Here are some steps that an individual can follow in order to link PAN to their bank accounts via online/offline modes.
How to link PAN with bank account via offline mode
You can link your PAN with your bank account by visiting your home bank account and asking for PAN Card updation. The branch manager will validate your details and then your PAN card will be linked to your bank account within a few days.
- Visit your Home Branch
- Ask for PAN card updation form (KYC form) in the bank
- Fill up the form
- Attach photocopy of PAN card updation form, self-attested photocopy of PAN, a letter addressed to the Branch Manager regarding PAN card updation
How to link PAN via online mode
- Linking PAN with Bank Account through Phone
- Call the Bank’s customer care
- When you’re connected to the customer executive, tell them that you wish to link your PAN details with bank account
- You’ll be asked to provide details like your bank account number, ATM card number, residential address to verify your identity
- Tell them your PAN, when requested
- Linking PAN with Bank Account through Internet Banking
- Enter your login ID and password to login to your internet banking account
- Click on ‘service options’
- Click on ‘PAN card updation
- You’ll be required to enter your PAN card number, date of birth and email ID
- Your PAN will be linked to your bank account within 2 working days
Link PAN with your Bank Account through Internet Banking
It generally takes two working days to complete the linking of PAN card with your bank account. You can follow these steps to link your PAN with your bank account easily
- Log in to your internet banking account by providing your credentials
- Click on 'Service Requests’ on the left panel of the webpage.
- Select 'PAN Card Updation'
- Enter your PAN card number, date of birth and email ID registered with the PAN card
- Your PAN details will be linked to your bank account within two working days.