Duplicate PAN Card/Reprint PAN Card
When should you apply for a duplicate PAN card?
If you have lost or misplaced your PAN card or your current PAN card requires any modifications, you can apply for a duplicate PAN card. Applying for a duplicate PAN card is quite simple. You need to fill up the Form and submit it to the NDSL or UTIITSL office. These are the entities authorized by the Income Tax Department for processing of the PAN. If you have misplaced your PAN card or your card has been stolen, before applying for a new PAN card, you'll have to complain to the police station. Along with the application for re-issue of a PAN card, you will be required to provide a copy of the FIR and relevant documents.
Individuals/trusts/HUFs can apply for a duplicate PAN card only on account of damages, theft or loss. The applicant is required to mention the details of the existing PAN card while applying for a duplicate PAN card. In situations where the applicant doesn't wish to make any modifications in the current PAN card, they can request for a reprint of the PAN card; the Permanent Account Number will not change in this case.
How can I download PAN card online?
You can download the e-PAN in PDF format by following these simple steps:
- Login to www.onlineservices.nsdl.com
- Fill in details like name, contact number, email address on the application form
- Click on Submit
- The e-PAN will be sent to the applicant's registered email ID in PDF format.
- Download the e-PAN for further reference.
- Procedure to Get Duplicate Pan Card Online by Official Website
- Login to the official website of TIN-NSDL
- Navigate to the section 'Reprint of PAN card.'
- Click on 'Apply'
- Select the 'Type of PAN card,'i.e., whether you're an individual, company, firm, trust, HUF, etc.
- Fill the application form by providing the relevant details like the existing Permanent Account Number, name, address, date of birth/incorporation, etc
- After filling up the form, you'll be required to put the relevant documents along with the PAN application form in an envelope and send it to the NSDL or UTIITSL office.
- A certain amount of payment is required to be paid to the authorities for issuing of a new PAN card. Indian citizens are required to pay Rs.110, and foreign citizens who apply for the reprinting of PAN card need to pay Rs. 1020.
- Make the payment of processing fee using your credit card, debit card, net banking or Demand Draft. If you're making the payment via Demand Draft or cheque, you'll be required to submit the copy of the receipt along with the application form.
- The PAN authorities will verify the details provided by you and a new PAN card will be issued to you within two to three weeks.
How to Apply Duplicate PAN Card Online
- Visit the official website of NSDL.
- Click on 'Apply Online'
- Click on the 'Application Type.' Select the type of application form that you wish to fill. If you want to make changes in the PAN card, select 'Changes/correction in PAN card.'
- Select the 'Category' In this section; you select the category of the PAN card applicant, i.e., if you're representing a company, you can select the option 'Company' in this section.
- Mention the details like full name, date of birth/date of incorporation, father's name, communication address, wherever applicable.
- Select whether you're a citizen of India or not.
- Enter the captcha details and click on 'Submit.'
If the applicant wishes to provide Digital Signature, then they will have to upload the scanned Digital signature to the NSDL website while filling up the application. If the e-signature uploaded is considered invalid on a formatting level, a response is generated on the screen which indicates the errors in the signature. You can make the required changes and submit the form online.
Guidelines for payment linked with PAN card application
- The processing fee for applicants who are Indian citizens is Rs.110 and payments to be made by the foreign applicants is Rs.1020.
- The payment of the processing fees can be made via net banking, credit card, debit cards, Demand draft or cheque.
- For applicants making payments through credit card, an additional charge of 2% is applicable.
- After the payment is made, the acknowledgment details will be displayed on the screen. Take a print-out of the acknowledgment slip for further reference and send it to the official NSDL e-Governance website.
- If the applicants have provided Aadhar card as one of the supporting documents, they need to provide a copy of the Aadhar card along with the PAN application form.
- If the applicant is a non-individual entity, they need to get the acknowledgment slip signed by an authorized signatory.
- If you have provided a left-hand thumb impression instead of a signature, it has to be attested by a Magistrate, Notary or Gazetted Officer.
Instances when the need for Duplicate PAN Card Can Arise
An individual/entity could require a duplicate PAN card due to multiple reasons. Some of the reasons are described below:
One of the primary reason for applying for a duplicate PAN card is loss or theft. Generally, everyone tends to keep their PAN card in their wallets, if your wallet gets stolen, it's possible that you lose your PAN card along with it. You can apply for reissuing the PAN card with the same Permanent Account Number in that case.
A duplicate PAN card is required when you wish to make corrections/ alterations in your existing PAN card. While applying for the change/correction in the PAN card, you'll have to adopt a slightly different procedure since the PAN issued to you, in that case, would be different than your previous Permanent Account Number
If your PAN card is damaged, you can send an application to the PAN center for reprinting the PAN card. The details of your existing PAN card also must be provided in this case. For reproducing PAN card, you'll have to make a payment towards the authorities as processing charges.
It is essential to take particular note of the fact that there are a number of third-parties that claim to help the applicants to acquire PAN card. However, if people follow the complete procedure laid out on the guidelines in the official website of NSDL and UTIITSL on how to apply for PAN, they won't need to approach such parties.