Manage Money

Form 61 - Use in the place of a PAN card
Total rating: 0

What is form 61?

Form 61 is required to be filled by an individual/company in order to make financial transactions in situations when he/she doesn't own a PAN card.

Documents required to fill up Form 61

  • Aadhar Card
  • Electoral Photo Identity Card
  • Ration Card
  • Driver's License
  • Passport
  • Identity Card issued by a recognised institution
  • Recent utility bills

What is Form 61 used for

Form 61 can be used in the place of a PAN card as per Rule 114B. The transactions that can take place by using Form 61 are:

  • Sale/Purchase of property worth over 5,000,000
  • Sale/Purchase of vehicles other than two-wheelers
  • Fixed deposit that exceeds 50,000
  • Fixed deposit in the post office that exceeds 50,000
  • Sale/Purchase of securities that exceed 10,00,000
  • While opening an account with a bank
  • Payments that exceed 25,000 in restaurants
  • Application for availing cellular network connection

How to Fill Form 61

Form 61 is available in both online and offline modes. The information required while filling up Form 61 are:

  • Name of the applicant
  • address of the applicant
  • Details of the transaction
  • Date, Place of the transaction
  • Declarant's signature

Applicants also need to sign a declaration which states that all the information provided by them is accurate.