The Commissionerate of Transport of the Government of Gujarat is the body that ensures a smooth public transportation system. It issues the 4 KB SCOSTA-based smart-card driving license and it also issues the computerized learner's license to applicants.
Learner's License in Gujarat - Application Procedure
A person with learner's license is technically learning to drive a particular kind of vehicle. Such a person should always be under the supervision of someone who holds a permanent driving license.
Applicants need to take a test in order to get the LLR. This test consists of 15 questions, mostly on traffic rules and signs. Applicants should be able to answer at least 11 questions correctly for clearing the test. If the applicant fails, he can take a retest after 24 hours.
Applicants have to follow specific procedures in order to obtain a learner’s license through the online mode. These are the steps to be followed:
- Visit https://sarathi.nic.in (acrobat reader version 9 and above is required for the site to load).
- Select ‘Issue of learning license to me’ option from the menu bar.
- The e-form will be loaded, which should be filled out. The fields that are marked in red color are mandatory.
- After filling out the form, applicants should click on ‘submit.’
- An application number will be displayed, which must be noted down.
- Next, applicants should book an appointment by clicking on ‘Appointment for LL Test’
- Upon submitting the application number and the date of birth, the website will let you select a slot.
- After selecting the desired slot, an acknowledgment slip will be generated.
- Applicants should print this slip and then visit the RTO with the slip 15 minutes prior to the scheduled slot.
- A question bank for this test is available at https://rtogujarat.gov.in/download.php.
Learner's License in Gujarat - Fees
- The fee for Learner’s license test is Rs.25.
- The fee for getting a Learner’s license is Rs.30 per class of vehicle.
Learner's License in Gujarat - Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for an LLR in Gujarat are:
- The applicant should be at least 16 years old for a 50cc gearless motorcycle.
- The applicant has to be minimum of 18 years of age for non-transport four-wheelers and motorcycles with gear.
- The applicant should be at least 20 years old for transport vehicles like auto rickshaws, taxis, pickup trucks, etc. Such a person must have a valid four-wheeler driving license obtained at least a year ago.
- Training from a recognized Motor Training School is mandatory for applying for DL for commercial vehicles (as per Form no.5).
Learner's License in Gujarat - Documents Required
These documents are required for obtaining a learner’s license (LLR) in Gujarat:
- Application (as per Form-2)
- Medical Certificate (as per Form 1-A)
- Self-declaration of physical fitness (as per Form-1)
- Required Fees
- 3 passport size photographs
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Approval letter from parents, in case the applicant is below 18 years of age.
- CMV-Form 1A issued by a registered doctor for applicants seeking a license for transport or commercial vehicle.
- Applicants above 50 years of age must submit the CMV Form issued by a registered medical practitioner.
- Applicants seeking a license for transport or commercial vehicle should submit a valid proof of experience in driving a light motor vehicle for at least one year.