Driving is a highly useful skill. It's very important to learn how to drive a vehicle. An amateur driver may not be able to follow the strict traffic rules. A learner's license is for those who are learning to drive so that they are protected in case of minor mishaps. It also emphasizes the importance of road safety and teaches traffic rules to individuals even before they start driving independently. It is a strict traffic rule that a person who is learning to drive should have a valid Learner's License (LLR) in order to be able to drive on public roads. Such a learner should compulsorily have a trained instructor in the vehicle.
The procedure to apply for a Learner's License online in Assam is quite simple. A form is to be filled online with all the required information. Then the applicant has to submit a fitness certificate along with the other required documents.
Types of Licences
The state government of Assam issues two types of License, which include:
- Learner’s License: Before applying for the permanent Learner's License in Assam, the applicant must first get a Learner's License. This temporary Licence has a validity of 6 months. It is issued when the applicant is learning to drive a motor vehicle.
- Permanent Licence: After a month of obtaining a learner’s Licence, the applicant is eligible to apply for a permanent driving license.
Learner’s License in Assam - Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for an LLR in Assam are:
- The applicant should be at least 16 years old for a 50cc gearless motorcycle.
- The applicant has to be minimum of 18 years of age for non-transport four-wheelers and motorcycles with gear.
- The applicant should be at least 20 years old for transport vehicles like auto rickshaws, taxis, pickup trucks, etc. Such a person must have a valid four-wheeler driving license obtained at least a year ago.
Learner's Licence in Assam - Documents Required
These documents are required for obtaining a learner’s license (LLR) in Bihar:
- Application (as per Form-2)
- Medical Certificate (as per Form 1-A)
- Self-declaration of physical fitness (as per Form-1)
- Required Fees
- A passport size photograph
- A copy of PAN/AADHAAR card
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Approval letter from parents, in case the applicant is below 18 years of age.
Learner’s Licence in Assam - Application Procedure
- Before initiating the online application for an LLR, the applicant must make sure that all the scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents are available for upload.
- The applicants must then visit the official website of Assam RTO.
- On selecting "Learner's Licence online Application," the applicant will be redirected to the editable form.
- The required details (such as the applicant’s name, phone number, email address, PAN, type of vehicle, permanent and temporary address, educational qualification, birthplace, date of birth, citizenship status, blood group, etc.) have to be entered.
- Upon submitting the form, the applicant will be asked to choose the RTO from the drop-down list and then select the concerned RTO Office.
- Next, the applicant will be asked to select a convenient time slot to book an appointment for visiting the concerned RTO to take a test.
- An authentication code has to be entered in the box provided and then the applicant can submit the form.
- On the scheduled appointment date, the applicant has to visit the RTO with all the required documents.
- Upon successfully passing the test, the LLR will be sent by post within a few days post document verification.
While applying for an LLR in Assam, one must keep in mind that:
- The LLR comes with an expiry date and the applicant must apply for a permanent driving license before the expiry date.
- A fee of Rs.150 is charged for an LLR for motorcycle and car.
- If the applicant has to repeat the test, then he/she must pay Rs.150 again.
- If the LLR is renewed or reissued, a fee of Rs.30 is charged.