The method to apply for a driving license online in Goa is simple. A form is filled online with all the necessary information. An applicant must submit his/her fitness certificate with the required details. After that, it is followed by applying for a learner’s license and then the RTO issues a DL.
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, an individual has to follow specific rules before riding a two-wheeler or four-wheelers on public roads. The whole process to apply for an online DL in Goa is described in detail below.
Procedure to Apply for DL in Goa Online
For precise understanding, the procedure has been described in the sections below:
Eligibility Criteria for applying for a DL in GOA
For applying for a DL in Goa, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- An individual should be at least 18 years old for getting a license for LMVs and two-wheelers.
- The individual should be at least 20 years old to drive transport vehicles such as taxis, auto-rickshaws, etc.
- An individual in the range of 16-18 years can get a DL for two-wheelers that do not exceed 50cc.
Documents Required for Availing DL in India
If an employee meets the eligibility criteria, then the next step is to keep the documents ready. The documents include:
- Copy of PAN
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of Medical Fitness Certificate
- Copy of Parent/Guardian's consent with their date and signature, if the applicant is minor
- Copy of address proof
- Copy of Birth Certificate
Acquaintance with the Road Rules
It is important for the applicant to do the following before applying for a learner's/driving license:
- Understand and learn basic traffic rules.
- Understand and learn basic road signs.
- Taking demo tests so that the applicant doesn't mess up the actual test.
- To acquire a learner's license, the applicant to write the written examination which has 20 questions out of which the applicant must get at least 16 correct to receive a learner's license.
Types of Licenses in Goa
Goa State Government issues two types of Driving Licenses:
An applicant has to acquire the LL before applying for a DL. LL has a validity of six months and after it expires the individual must either get it renewed or apply for a permanent DL.
After a month of receiving the LL, the applicant can apply for a DL. It must be noted that the applicant in no circumstances can apply for a Permanent DL before a month of owning the LL.
How can I Apply for a Learning License Online in Goa?
The standard procedure for acquiring a Learner’s License online is described below:
- Visit the official website of the Goa RTO.
- Study the instruction thoroughly and fill up details like father's name, district, postal code, Aadhaar card number, and locality.
- Upload records like age proof and address proof online before you submit the form.
- Additionally, for Learner's License applications, some state RTOs have the feature where you can choose the Learner's License test slot. You will also be able to make the payment towards the Learner's License application and take the test online you will be receiving the intimation through the mail which you will be required to be physically present at the test venue.
- You can download the application form and then present it to the RTO before the test commences.
- You must also submit additional documents in original at the RTO before you take the test.
- Be present at the RTO or the Learner's License test facility to take the Learner's License test according to the slot that you have selected.
How Can You Apply for a Driving License in Goa?
The process for acquiring a DL in Goa is easy and straightforward. You can follow the easy steps given below to apply for DL in Goa.
- The applicant must procure Form 4 (the application form for acquiring the license to drive a vehicle which can be acquired from the official website of Goa or the local RTO).
- You must own a valid LL as well.
- The individual also must present a medical certificate which has to be signed by a medical practitioner who has been authorized by the government.
- If you are applying for the license of a transport vehicle then you must submit Form 5.
- Along with the application, you must submit all the other necessary documents and the necessary fees for the process which should be submitted in the nearest RTO.
- A time slot is allotted to the applicant so that he/she can undergo the test. After passing the test, the candidate becomes eligible to obtain a permanent DL.
How to Renew a Driving License in Goa Online?
You must keep a copy of these documents handy while renewing your DL:
- Form 1
- Form 1A
- Driving License
- Address Proof
- Passport size photograph
Steps to renew a Driving License in Goa:
- The first step is to visit the official website of Goa Transport RTO.
- The next step is to navigate to the e-services portal.
- From the links that are shown on the screen, you must click on RTO services.
- A complete list of sub-links should be displayed and you must click on the link concerning the renewal of the DL.
- Form 9 will open in an editable format.
- Fill the necessary details such as the name of the applicant, license number, mobile number, date of renewal, etc.
- Upload the filled out forms which include Form 1, Form 1A, passport photograph, DL and the address proof.
- Enter the captcha code and then click on Submit.
- Application is processed and the renewed license is issued via post.
Points to Remember:
- A permanent DL generally expires within 20 years and its validity is mentioned on the card.
- If the card has expired, the applicant has 30 days to renew their license.
- If the license owner renews within five years from the date of expiry, then he/she is exempted from the test, but the license is generally valid again from the date of renewal.
- You must keep a scanned photocopy of Form 1, Form 1A, DL, Address Proof and the passport size photograph.
- If you have been planning on applying for DL in Goa, then you must follow the steps meticulously.