It is an official form that contains tax-related information of the taxpayer. Form 26AS also contains the details of tax deducted at source, tax collected at source, advance tax and high-end transactions. Form 26AS is linked with PAN details and the details in form 26AS are listed below
- Tax deducted by the deductors on behalf of the taxpayers
- Details of the tax collected
- Details of tax deposited by the taxpayers like advance tax, self-assessment tax, regular assessment tax
- Details of annual information report transactions
Form 26AS consists of three parts - A, B and C. Part A contains details of tax deducted at source. It contains the details of all the taxes that are deducted at the source, whether it is salary, pension income or interest income. It contains details of the deductor along with the details of the tax amount which is deducted.
Part B contains the details of the seller and tax collected at source (TCS) on the selling price of a commodity.
Part C contains the details of direct taxes paid by the taxpayer, advance tax and self-assessment tax
How to view form 26AS
One can view form 26AS by two methods:
- TRACES or TDS reconciliation analysis and correction enabling system facility: The taxpayer needs to register with the TRACES in order to use the facility. An employee needs to follow these steps in order to view form 26AS:
- Visit the e-filing income tax website, i.e, https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home and locate the form 26AS on the website.
- Login to the account using PAN details, password, date of birth or date of incorporation.
- Give confirmation to be redirected to TDS-CPC website.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the assessment year.
- Choose the format in which you want to view the form.
- Download the form.
- An employee can also use the netbanking facility to view 26 AS. Any person with a PAN card and who has an account with any of the authorized banks can use this service for free of cost. Viewing the form is more convenient with netbanking
How to view form 26AS without registering
You can view form 26AS without even registering with net banking facility. You can view form 26AS from TRACES website. Registering your credentials with the TRACES website is not mandatory to view the form, you can also view the form if your account number is linked with any of the authorized banks. The list of banks who have the facility of viewing form 26AS are:
- Allahabad Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
- Andhra Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank Limited
- Karnataka Bank Limited
- Vijaya Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- United Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Union Bank of India
- IDBI Bank Limited
- UCO Bank
- ICICI Bank Limited
- The Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited
- HDFC Bank
- The Karur Vysya Bank Limited
- Dena Bank
- Corporation Bank Syndicate Bank
- The Federal Bank
- City Union Bank Limited
- State Bank of Travancore
- Citibank India
- State Bank of Patiala
- Central Bank of India
- State Bank of Mysore
- Canara Bank
- State Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of Hyderabad
- Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- Bank of Baroda
- Punjab National Bank
- Axis Bank