Passport Renewal in Bangalore
Passport is an important piece of document which verifies a person's identity and nationality; it also enables one to travel to other countries legally. The Government of India issues the passport to its citizens. This document also serves as a proof of identity and address. Passports are generally issued with a certain validity period and once the validity expires, the passport becomes invalid. Thus, it is highly important to renew the passport before it crosses the validity period. Here is a detailed explanation of the procedure to be followed in order to renew your passport.
Passport Renewal Procedure: Bangalore
The following steps can be very helpful in renewing an Indian passport in Bangalore:
- An applicant must first download the e-form from the official website of passport Seva, For this, one must register online on the Passport India website. Alternatively, one may also visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra to collect the form.
- The applicant must also attach a PP form which is used for Police Verification report.
- Next, the applicant can upload the e-form back to the web portal and submit it online along with the supporting documents. The ones using a hard copy of the form may submit it at the Passport Seva Kendra.
- After successful submission of the forms, the applicant should pay the required fee and schedule an appointment.
- Printouts of the appointment receipt and the successfully submitted form must be taken.
- If the appointment has already been scheduled, the applicant has to the nearest Passport Seva Kendra in Bangalore, collect a token and wait for their turn. Otherwise, the applicant should get an appointment token from the PSK.
- After completing all formalities, the applicant will receive an acknowledgment slip and the renewed passport will be sent through the post.
Filling up the Application Form
Here are the steps that an applicant must follow while filling the hard copy form for passport renewal:
- blue or black ball point pen should be used.
- capital letters should be used.
- space-limit must be strictly adhered to.
- overwriting must be avoided.
- Tatkal passport: 7 to 14 days
- Normal passport: 30 to 45 days
Fee for Renewal
Applicants are charged the following fee for the renewal of a 36 pages passport.
- Normal- Rs.1,000
Applicants are charged the following fee for the renewal of a 60 pages passport.
- Normal- Rs.1,500
- Tatkal- Rs.3,000
Documents Required for Passport Renewal
While applying for the renewal of your passport, you have to submit a few documents along with the application form. The ‘Document Advisor’ in the Passport Seva Web Portal has comprehensive information on the documents required for the renewal of passport. As you enter your relevant details, the Advisor will generate a list of the required documents. These are some of the required documents:
- The old Passport in original
- Self-attested copies of both the first and last two pages of the old passport.
- Self-attested copies of the page containing the ECR/Non-ECR information.
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, in case an observation has been made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
- Self-attested copy of the validity extension page, if it contains any record.
- For renewal of SVP passports, a proof is required that will eliminate the cause of a short validity passport issuance earlier.