Wanderlust is a modern trend. A number of people travel abroad and explore the world these days. A passport facilitates such travel plans. However, what happens when an adventurous couple with a newborn wish to travel to another country with their little baby?
The Indian Passport is an essential document, which is issued by the Indian Government. It certifies that the passport holder is a citizen of India by birth or naturalization. Passports are issued in various locations throughout the country as well as at certain places abroad. Although Availing a Passport isn't a difficult process, but a few extra steps are to be followed in situations like getting the passport for a newborn. These are the guidelines for it:
Either one parent or both must initially register by creating an account with the Passport Seva online portal. The form has to be filled and submitted online. The passport fee can either be paid online or offline. Generally, an appointment is not mandatory for newborns. The family can directly visit the PSK during working hours, carrying a receipt of the application and the necessary documents.
The following documents are necessary (both original and photocopies):
- Birth Certificate of the infant.
- Proof of current address (either parents' Passport will suffice).
- Annexure H, duly filled and signed.
- Passport photos of the baby clicked against a white background.
- Printout of the application receipt
The documents should be taken to the PSK and these steps need to be followed:
- Once all the required documents are provided, they will be verified. The applicants will get token numbers and must wait for their turn
- When their turn comes, all the documents will be verified, scanned and stored in the system. Applicants will have to verify all details in their application and state that the form is correct.
- All the additional verifications for all the documents will be done.
- Upon completing the above steps, applicants will receive an acknowledgment receipt.
- The Passport will be printed and sent to the applicant's address.