Citigroup is a multinational financial services company, and Citibank is its consumer division. Citibank was started in India in the year 1902 in Kolkata. It is a leading private sector bank in India, which provides a myriad of banking products and financial services.
Types of Citibank Savings Account
Citibank Savings Account
- Every Citibank savings account customer gets a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit Card on opening an account.
- Customers can enjoy value-based benefits such as fee waiver on a wide range of banking services, fund transfer and receipt, SMS or mobile banking with the Citibank Savings Account.
- Receive e-statements as well as alerts via SMS and email about all account activities.
- Attractive interest rates.
- Never-expiring Reward Points on Citibank Platinum Debit Card as well as air miles with Jet Airways and Air India.
- Lucrative welcome privileges on a wide variety of products and services such as dining, clothing, accessories, entertainment, shopping and travel.
Citibank Suvidha Salary Account
- No need minimum balance requirement in this account as it is a zero balance account.
- EMV chip-enabled international debit card.
- Daily expense and withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000/-.
- Automatic overdraft facility of 5 times the net monthly salary credit.
- Alerts and services for account activities.
- Preferential pricing on loans.
- Reward Points for Debit Card transactions.
- Exciting features such as delivery of Demand Drafts free of costs at multiple locations in India, free of charge NEFT/RTGS fund transfers, Financial Planning Services, etc.
Citibank Savings Account for Expatriates
- Complimentary Citibank Platinum International Debit Card that offers high daily spending and withdrawal limit of up to Rs 1 lakh.
- Perks and benefits on purchase of lifestyle products and services.
- Timely alerts through Citibank Online, CitiAlerts, mobile, email and branch banking.
- Access to multiple banking services on the go.
- Attractive interest rates on the capital deposit.
- A wide range of transactional benefits such as no transaction fee at IndianOil outlets associated with Citibank, complimentary foreign currency draft issuance and cancellation, complimentary ATM usage in India and abroad and many more core services.
- 1% cash back on all debit card purchases
- 2 air miles for every Rs 100/- spent, to be redeemed by Frequent Flyers of Jet Airways and Air India
- Emergency Cash Advance of USD 1000 in case of theft or loss of debit card while traveling.
- Advice on financial matters from the experts across various segments like everyday banking needs, wealth management and business solutions.
- Maximizing the capital with Integrated Wealth Planning.
- Access to banking and financial products tailor-made to suit particular requirements.
- Receive research and analysis insights focussing on individual financial goals and priorities.
- Advice on business, trade and forex.
- Complimentary World Debit MasterCard with exclusive privileges on hospitality, dining, travel and leisure activities.
- Global banking facilities with Citigold.
- Exclusive privileges like opening accounts in another country, access to worldwide airport lounges, Emergency Encashment facilities and more.
- Keeping track of your financials through intuitive services like Account Representative facility online, One-Glance-Statement, and mobile access to accounts.
Citigold Private Client
- Premium banking experience to high net-worth individuals.
- Comprehensive business banking services.
- Personalized wealth management and lending solutions.
- Personalized servicing from a Senior Banker.
- Advice all aspects of personal banking, business and investment, along with an enhanced product suite with investment and lending products as well as trade and forex services.
- Preferential pricing and investment opportunities overseas.
- Access to Citigold Private Client lounges throughout the world.
- Travel privileges and international lounge access with the Private Client Debit Card.
- Signature golfing privileges.
- Citibank clients with a net relationship value of Rs.5 crore and above with the bank can become a private client of the bank.
- Access to a Citi Priority Personal Banker.
- Wealth management services and guidance with a wide range of investment options.
- Complimentary Citi PremierMiles card for the first year with a welcome gift of 10,000 bonus miles.
- Comprehensive digital financial planner.
- Exclusive Citi Priority privileges online.
- Exclusive banking products like the various loans, personal accident insurance, PremierMiles credit card, etc.
- Preferential pricing, minimal documentation, fee waivers and zero processing fees and more on the exclusive banking products.
- Access to emergency cash abroad, free cash withdrawals at all international ATMs, and other value-added services.
- Customer support through 4,000 branches, 20,000 ATMs in 42 countries.
- Smooth and customized financial solutions for expats moving to India.
- Headstart and help from Citibank for Indians relocating abroad.
- Special assistance for NRI clients to manage their banking needs in India.
- Easy and secure fund transfers across the globe.
- Access to investment opportunities around the world.
- Travel benefits for international travelers.
- Is a debit card automatically given on opening a Savings Account with Citibank?
Yes, a complimentary Citibank Platinum Debit card is issued on opening a Savings Account with Citibank.
- What are the withdrawal charges imposed on ATM withdrawals from the Citibank Savings Account?
There are no such withdrawal charges.
- What are the free services accompanying Citibank Savings Account?
Services like ATM withdrawals, fund transfers, re-ordering chequebooks, issuing and canceling demand drafts, obtaining a duplicate statement, etc. can be availed free of any charge.
- Does Citibank Platinum Debit Card have any reward program?
Yes, there are never-expiring reward points on every expense - 1 reward point for every Rs 100 spent.
- What is the interest rate on Citibank Savings Account?
4% per annum, calculated on a daily basis, paid half yearly.
- How to change or add a nominee for an NRI account?
Add or change the nominee of the account by filling up the nomination form, then mail it to the NRI Service Center in the country of residence or to the following address:
Citibank, N.A. Mail Room, No. 2, Club House Road, Chennai 600 002. Tamil Nadu. India.
This can also be done by visiting any branch of Citibank in India.
- Does Citibank call customers to confirm the changes made to NRI accounts?
Yes, to ensure mutual protection, Citibank's representatives in India call on the registered mobile number of the customer to confirm any requests before carrying out the instructions.
- Does Citibank send a separate statement for debit cards?
The monthly statement includes all transactions made from the Rupee Checking Account - whether it is through a debit card, net banking or fund transfers. There is no separate statement exclusively for debit card transactions.