Aadhaar is a 12 digit number that is unique and is used as a proof of identity. This number is given by the unique identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian government. This number can also be used as an identity evidence and captures the demographic and biometric info of a person in a centralized database.
This article will provide steps on the process required in order for customers to link their Aadhaar number to their Citibank account.
Founded in the year 1812 in London, Citibank is the consumer department of the financial group, Citigroup. As part of its banking portfolio, some of its products and services asuch as credit cards, loans, and many others such financial instruments are offered to the customers.
There are 4 ways for individuals to link their Aadhaar card to their Citibank account, and those are:
- Offline approach, that's by visiting the bank
- Online, through the bank's website
- Through SMS
- Through one of the affiliated ATMs of Citibank
This is how you can link your Aadhaar to your Citibank account:
- The customers will need to visit the bank with their documents.
- He/she may be asked to fill out a form.
- The documents will be checked and verified
- Once verification and seeding is carried out, the customer will get a notification on their registered mobile number or email.
As of now, individuals cannot link their Aadhaar card to their Citibank account through SMS or ATMs
It is importance for individuals to link their Aadhaar card to their Citibank account as this could allow them to acquire the benefits of the schemes that have are being run by the Indian government, like the Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Scheme Subsidy and so on.
By linking the Aadhaar to the Citibank account, the benefits of the different schemes can be credited directly to the individual's bank account as this prevents misuse and errors, thus ensuring that subsidies are disbursed without delay.