1. Build your Credit Score
2. Reduce your Current Borrowing / EMI Costs
Have you been lately wondering how to balance a healthy lifestyle along with your hectic whirlwind schedule? Especially if you are a woman, you need to take real good care of your body as a sedentary lifestyle and a busy schedule can lead to various health problems. While working out is the best solution to this problem, most busy professionals might not have the time or mood for a tough gym session after a difficult day at work. Moreover, many a time, we shell out a hefty amount for gym memberships and end up missing the sessions that we’ve paid for. Is that the story of your life? Does it sound very economical? Maybe not! Then, what should you do? Well, consider our amazing collection of 5 low-carb snacks for healthy women, specially crafted for busy women like you - they are easy to make, light on the pocket, healthy, and can be cooked in a jiffy!
Healthy diet or healthy snacks is a sustainable and cost-effective way to a healthy life. Controlling what you put into your tummy can help you stay healthy and ditch the oh-so-expensive gym membership. Let’s get you started! The first step towards improving health for working women is to curb carbs or carbohydrates. But before you jump on the bandwagon to follow the trending diet plan, let's understand what is meant by a low-carb diet, what are its benefits, and what are the 5 quick and easy-to-make 5 low-carb snacks for healthy women.
A low-carb diet refers to a diet plan where you plan to eat fewer carbohydrates and a higher proportion of fat. Studies reveal that your body requires natural fats. A low-carb diet needs you to limit your sugar and starch intake, while you can continue eating fat as much as you like. As you start avoiding sugar and starch, your blood sugar level tends to stabilize, and your body begins to burn fat instead of carbohydrates to generate energy. Foods or snacks rich in fat eventually makes you feel full and reduces your food intake, which leads to weight loss. That’s why healthy snacks or healthy recipes can be a key to a healthy lifestyle.
Keto Diet - It is the strictest diet plan where you require to eat less than 50 grams of carbs per day and increase your fat intake considerably. This is a popular diet plan for busy women.
Traditional Low Carb diet - This approach includes an intake of 50-100 grams of carbs per day and is efficient enough to reduce weight.
Atkins Diet - It takes you through four phases. It starts with very-low-carb consumption and then gradually increases the intake of more carbohydrate-rich food throughout the diet plan. It requires you to eat low-carb snacks to stay healthy.
Dukan Diet - This diet again includes four phases with two weight loss and two maintenance phases. The first phase of the Dukan diet focuses on high-protein foods whereas the second adds vegetables back in, the third allows two “celebration” meals per week, and the fourth is about keeping your weight on a check. It mostly appeals to people who need a planned approach towards losing weight and can be dealt with the help of healthy snacks and healthy recipes.
Well, now you must be confused about what to choose or what is right for your body type, right? To ditch the carbs for good, you would have to understand the advantages of a low-carb diet, how to start with it, what to eat, etc. So, let's begin by understanding the benefits of low-carb snacks to healthy for working women:
Increased Levels of 'Good' HDL Cholesterol - Low-carb diets are high on fat content, which increases the “good” HDL cholesterol in the blood.
Reduction in Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels - Low-carb and ketogenic diets are particularly helpful for people with diabetes and insulin resistance as they drastically lower both the blood sugar and insulin levels.
Lower levels of Triglycerides - Low-carb diets effectively lowers blood triglycerides - the fat molecules that increase your risk of heart disease.
The bottom line is that such diets not only improve your cholesterol level, blood sugar and blood pressure, but they also boost weight loss, reduce your appetite, and lower your risk of any heart disease. One of these diets is worth considering if you are motivated to boost your health.
Now, coming to what to eat, the low-carb diet includes some amazing, delicious yet healthy snacks and healthy recipes every day, which improve your health and decrease the risk of illness. Let's look at some healthy snacks ideas that you can take up if you are moving into a low-carb diet:
1. Eggs - You can make a lot of low-carb recipes with eggs. Scrambled eggs with or without spices can serve as a healthy snack. Sometimes, you can try out unusual recipes like egg salads that can taste heavenly. Egg muffins and egg omelets, tweaked according to low-carb norms, can be too yummy to resist. Earlier, eggs were considered to be very high sources of cholesterol, but research has proved that eggs raise the HDL (the good cholesterol, remember?) level.
2. Meat - Meat is an excellent source of energy on a low-carb diet and also gives a healthy amount of protein to the body. Though we Indians are used to full course meals, yet having just meats for a meal will boost your health effectively. A simple recipe for roasted chicken or grilled fish can do wonders for people who are on low-carb diets. Moreover, several meat-based salads, with the right ingredients, can be very useful.
3. Yogurt - Other than eggs and meat, there's yogurt which is also effective in boosting a healthy life. It is a versatile food and can be mixed with various low-calorie fruits or dry fruits for some delectable snacks. Imagine a bowl of plain yogurt with a slight pink tint of freshly cut strawberries!
4. Nuts - A handful of nuts as munchies is also effective in carrying out a low-carb diet. However, before jumping into eating, don't forget to check their carbohydrate and calorie content. You can mix some nuts like macadamia nuts, pecan nuts, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc. to munch on during those pangs of hunger.
5. Oatmeal cookies - We aren’t talking about the ones you can buy at the supermarket; those aren’t as healthy snacks as they claim to be. However, did you know that you can bake delicious oatmeal cookies in 15 minutes? Oats are known to be rich in fiber, along with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, proteins, and other nutrients. You could mix some sweet fruits (like bananas) into the batter to make sure that your cookies aren’t bland. Bake them and store them and munch on them when hunger knocks at your door. Just don’t munch on too many - it is also essential to have everything in a controlled portion while you are on a low-carb diet regime.
With hardly much disposable time, life is just not easy for busy women. Although the shelves in the supermarkets are filled with an array of enticing junk food, that isn't healthy. Those fast-food options may look like an easy solution to your hunger pangs, but then you will end up spending way too much on doctors, and probably some more to hit the gym and shed the flabs that junk food will give you. That's why we need to draw the line and concentrate on learning what's beneficial for our body and munch wisely.
And in case you’re wondering why mymoneykarma is concerned about your eating habits - well, we want you to eat healthy and be wealthy, so that we can keep making you more and more ‘wise’ through our intelligent financing tips!