1. Build your Credit Score
2. Reduce your Current Borrowing / EMI Costs
Is your sister or best friend getting married? Are you super excited? You can't let your friend get married without throwing her a fabulous bachelorette party. But planning a crazy bachelorette party can be expensive and leave your pockets empty as there are a lot of expenses that you need to consider while planning a party.
Bachelor and bachelorette parties have somewhat become a rite of passage for the modern groom and bride; however, they don’t have to come at the expense of the couple’s closest friends. mymoneykarma gives you all the costs that you might incur, along with some great tips to plan the best bachelorette party in town.
It has become almost customary for all the bride’s friends to gift the bride on her bachelorette party. In today's world, presents tend to go overboard and way out of the proposed budget. If you are planning to give a costly gift that lands you in massive credit-card debt, you might want to reconsider your idea.
What you can do: You can instead pitch in with your friends to give a meaningful present, like a customized diamond pendant, a grooming kit, or branded makeup. If you have a bigger budget, you could go for state-of-the-art electronic appliances.
A great party requires excellent food, and good food needs a good catering service. Catering can take up a significant chunk of your party budget if you don't look out.
What you can do: Hosting a barbeque party can be a cost-effective way of arranging food. You could also opt for a potluck lunch or dinner. Another great option is to go for a cook-out and bond over cooking tasty food for yourselves.
Any bachelorette party is an occasion for the interior designer in you to go all out and transform the venue. But decorations, especially ornate ones, can cost a bomb. If you are considering pretty embellishments to a set theme, costs can shoot further up.
What you can do: You can go for cheap and quirky things to set the party mood, like ribbons, drapes, and streamers. You can also opt for paper mache and glitter streamers to add a funky look to the venue.
Alcohol can end up being the most expensive part of the party budget if you aim for expensive wines or premium whiskeys. Going overboard with the amount of alcohol can also result in a severe hangover for all of you.
What you can do: Go for spirits that can make for good cocktails. One of you can volunteer to be the bartender and whip up tasty cocktails that can raise your spirits for the party. Choose cheaper kinds of alcohol like vodka, beer, and white rum instead of going for champagne, malt whiskey, and fancy liqueurs.
Exotic locations, hotel fares, airfare and travel expenses of a bachelorette trip can leave you broke for the months to come. Trips to most tourist locations can be costly. You could avoid these expenses and buy that MacBook you were vying for instead.
What you can do: You can utilize the following tips to cut costs if you do want to gift the bride a holiday for her bachelorette party.
1. Opt for a destination that’s within driving distance. You can make a road trip that's more affordable and can also be insane fun with all your girlfriends.
2. Instead of an expensive hotel, consider renting a big place on websites like Airbnb. A large house with multiple bedrooms can be an ideal venue that offers you creative freedom and privacy. You can also consider a camping trip in the woods for a rejuvenating holiday.
3. If you want to fly to your destination, check out travel packages that offer air and hotel costs together for a combined lower price. You might be able to find some good deals as bundling usually results in lower rates.
4. Pick off-season travel dates, avoiding holiday seasons. Different locations have peak tourist seasons during different parts of the year, based on weather and other factors. So you need to find the off-season times for your destination, as doing so can save you a lot of money.
A bachelorette party is a chance for the bride to have a blast with her girl gang before her marriage. Nevertheless, crazy bachelorette parties could also end up in unfortunate circumstances. Avoid making dubious arrangements and ensure the safety of the venue before the party gets going. If you are hosting the party in a club, be sure not to drive in an intoxicated state. The bride will be thankful for a safe yet fantastic party!