Biocon Share Price Performance
Biocon Stock Trends - 2018
- Biocon share price opened in January 2018 at Rs.540.15. After its
announcement of the Sandoz deal, the stock price scored a 52-week high as the share price went up to
Rs.640 and remained so for a short while. However, the share prices slightly dropped after the Q3 FY18
results were announced and closed the month at Rs.614.90.
- In February, the shares were traded at Rs.616 which further went below Rs.600 due to weak global
cues. Nonetheless, the stocks made a quick recovery and rose to Rs.630 by the end of the month.
- In March, the market opened for trading with the stock prices at Rs.626.85 which further fell to
Rs.571.20 but slightly recovered to Rs.593.90 by the end of the month.
- The scrip significantly rose over the next month and reached Rs.667.60 by the end of the April.
- Although the share prices largely fluctuated in May, the closing of the quarter saw the Biocon
share price at Rs.674.90.
- The scrip depreciated considerably in June and after severe fluctuations, ended up at Rs.619.55 during
the closing of the month.
- July was a disastrous month for the investors who had stocks of Biocon, as the share prices drastically
fell and sank to Rs.553.30. It recovered slightly and stood at Rs.586.40 at the end of the month.
- August witnessed a steady increase by more than 40 points to reach Rs.624 at the end of the month.
Biocon Limited Stock Trends - 2016 and 2017
- Biocon share price, in the beginning of 2016, was around Rs.170 on
both NSE and BSE. it had dropped considerably by the end of February and stood roughly around Rs.150.
In March, the company announced a 100% dividend. This announcement, coupled with business developments
in the international markets gave a slight push ahead to the share prices.
- In early April, Biocon's stocks were being traded at roughly around Rs.160. The share price continued
to rise steadily in April, May and June up to Rs.246, driven by the company's updates and a highly
- The price slightly dropped in the initial days of July but after the announcement of the Q1 results and
business updates, the company's stocks jumped up to Rs.270 by the end of the month. This upward rising
curve continued in August and September when the Biocon share price
- Biocon released its Q2 FY 2016-17 reports in October. This announcement helped the stocks gain momentum
and the share prices hit a new 52-week high. In November, after demonetization, the share price dropped
slightly. However, it recovered by December and was roughly around Rs.316 as the year ended.
- At the beginning of January 2017, Biocon stocks were at around Rs.315. In February, the shares had
reached Rs.370 after USFDA accepted the company’s Biologics License Application. The share prices
further increased to Rs.379 in March.
- In April, Biocon stocks hit a record-breaking high after the announcement of bonus issues. However, the
share prices fell gradually over May and floated somewhere above Rs.300. Bonus shares were issued in
June in a 1:2 ratio. This announcement, coupled with certain other developments, kept the share price
steadily above Rs.300.
- Biocon announced a final dividend of 20% in July, which fuelled the share prices to shoot up above
Rs.400. However, due to the poor performance in Q1, the share price fell again. Biocon
share prices suffered further in August when the shares fell and floated around
Rs.330-Rs.340 and remained so in September too.
- October witnessed a substantial boost in the share prices, which were being traded at around Rs.370. It
crossed the Rs.400 mark in November, backed by positive developments and several updates released by
Biocon. This steady rising graph continued in December when the Biocon share
price climbed above Rs.500 and closed the year at roughly Rs.537 on NSE and BSE.
Biocon Company Information and Brief History
Biocon Limited is one of the leading bio-pharmaceutical companies in Asia. It has its
headquarters in Bangalore. The company specializes in manufacturing generic APIs which are sold in over 120
countries across the world. These APIs are sold in developed markets of the US and Europe as well.
Moreover, the company produces unique biologics and biosimilar products, mostly sold in bulk. Biocon is the
largest bio-pharmaceutical company in India that develops medicines for cancer, diabetes and autoimmune
disorders at reasonable prices. Biocon share price fluctuates at every
moment and thus it is very important for all potential investors to keenly study the performance of the
company’s shares before investing in it.