siwan is a city in Bihar. It is the district headquarters of the eponymous district. The city is situated near the border of Uttar Pradesh. Siwan has around 1.3 lakh residents who speak in Bhojpuri, Hindi & English. The city is divided into 38 wards for effective administration. This city has probably got its name from Shiva man, the ruler of the area until Babars arrival. A small river called the Daha River passes through the middle of the town - it dries up during the summer and often floods the town during the monsoon. 80% of the residents of Siwan are educated as the city is known for its many reputed academic institutions. Siwan is well connected via roadways and railways. The NH-531, NH-27 and several State Highways pass through the city. Siwan Junction railway station connects the city to other major cities of India.
On November 3, 1926, the Laxmi Vilas Bank was founded under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it had achieved the certificate to commence business. In 1926, seven businessmen of Karur founded Lakshmi Vilas Bank under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. They aimed to serve the financial needs of people who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture, in and around Karur. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.