satara is a city in the Satara District of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It lies near the confluence of the Krishna and the Venna rivers. The city was established in the 16th century and has been named after the seven forts (sat-tara) found in and around the city. Satara is famous for its sweet called kandi pedhe. It is located at the base of the famous Ajinkyatara fort. There is a unique statue of Shivaji standing near a canon (instead of riding a horse) in Satara. The city has centuries-old ancient palaces called Juna Rajwada and Nava Rajwada that are famous for its majestic grandeur. The Thoseghar Waterfalls and the Vajrai Waterfall in the vicinity of the city are famous tourist attractions. This growing city has a population of around 1.2 lakh people. It is well connected to all other cities in the vicinity through road and railways.
On November 3, 1926, the Laxmi Vilas Bank was founded under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it had achieved the certificate to commence business. In 1926, seven businessmen of Karur founded Lakshmi Vilas Bank under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. They aimed to serve the financial needs of people who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture, in and around Karur. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.