Nadiad is a large city in the Kheda district of the Indian state of Gujarat. Nadiad hosts around 2.3 lakh residents who mainly speak in Gujarati and Hindi. It is believed that this city had been a settlement of rope-dancers. The historical name of Nadiad was "Natapadra" which means outskirts of natas (ropes) or "Natpur" which means city of natas. It is also called Nandgam. The city has a special regard for the number 9 as it has nine step wells, nine villages or towns located in it, nine roads that enter and exit the city and nine lakes. Nadiad is also referred to as sakshar Bhumi which means The land of the educated. Nadiad experiences mild winters and very hot summers. Nadiad was the land of laureates and writers during the late 19th century and the early 20th century when the city largely contributed to the Gujarati literature.
On November 3, 1926, the Laxmi Vilas Bank was founded under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it had achieved the certificate to commence business. In 1926, seven businessmen of Karur founded Lakshmi Vilas Bank under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. They aimed to serve the financial needs of people who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture, in and around Karur. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.