Munger, along with Jamalpur, is considered to be a twin city situated in the Indian state of Bihar. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Munger district as well as the Munger Division. Munger, situated on the banks of the holy Ganga, was an ancient seat of rule. Asias largest and oldest railway workshop, which was set up by the British in 1862, is operated by the Indian Railways at Jamalpur. Munger has an ITC Factory established by the British along with a Gun Factory, ITC Milk Dairy and many others. Munger has a strong network of railway and roads, connecting it to all the important neighboring areas. The places in and around Munger that are worth visiting are Munger Fort, Chandika Asthan, Kastaharni Ghat on the Ganges, Khanqah Rahmani, Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary, Yoga Ashram, Rahmani Foundation, etc.
On November 3, 1926, the Laxmi Vilas Bank was founded under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it had achieved the certificate to commence business. In 1926, seven businessmen of Karur founded Lakshmi Vilas Bank under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. They aimed to serve the financial needs of people who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture, in and around Karur. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.