Mira-Bhayander is a part of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region, around 35 kilometers away from the state capital Mumbai. It is located in the northern side of Salsette Island in the Thane district of Maharashtra. The Mira-Bhayander Municipal Corporation runs the administration of the city which reportedly has more than 8 lakh residents. The residents of this area speak mostly in Marathi, but Gujarati and Hindi are quite prevalent. Mira-Bhayandar consists of residential as well as industrial areas. While most of the residents travel to the city for work, quite a few are employed in the several manufacturing units located in some parts of Mira and the eastern parts of Bhayandar. There are a few government-owned Salt Pans in this city. The city offers plenty of scope for development as it has the potential to become a large industrial complex.
On November 3, 1926, the Laxmi Vilas Bank was founded under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it had achieved the certificate to commence business. In 1926, seven businessmen of Karur founded Lakshmi Vilas Bank under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. They aimed to serve the financial needs of people who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture, in and around Karur. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.