Fatehpur is a city as well as a municipal board in the Fatehpur district of Uttar Pradesh in India. The city lies between the holy Ganga and Yamuna. It was founded by Rishi Purwar who later became the King of the city. Fatehpurfalls within the territorial boundaries of the Kanpur Megapolitan Region. This city is situated between two important cities of the state - Allahabad and Kanpur. It is well connected to these cities and to other nearby areas by train route as well as via road. Historical evidence claim that Fatehpur has been around since the Vedic era which was later ruled by the Maurya, the Kusan, the Gupta and the Mughal rulers. The splendid Badshahi Bagh in Fatehnagar was built by Emperor Aurangzeb and it is an attractive tourist spot in the city.
On November 3, 1926, the Laxmi Vilas Bank was founded under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it had achieved the certificate to commence business. In 1926, seven businessmen of Karur founded Lakshmi Vilas Bank under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. They aimed to serve the financial needs of people who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture, in and around Karur. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.