Berhampur is a city near the eastern coastline of the Indian state of Odisha. It is located in the Ganjam district. This east Indian city is also known as Brahmapur. The city has around 4 lakh residents who mostly follow Hinduism. Although Odia is the commonly spoken language in this city, about 40% of the population speak in Telugu owing to the city being located near the state border between Odisha and Andhra Pradesh. The people of Berhampur are quite fond of theatre arts. The notable educational institutions in this city are the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhanja Bihar Campus of Berhampur University, Khallikote University, Lingaraj Law College, etc. The city experiences torrid summers and mild winters with heavy rainfall during the monsoon. The city is known for its innumerable temples.
On November 3, 1926, the Laxmi Vilas Bank was founded under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it had achieved the certificate to commence business. In 1926, seven businessmen of Karur founded Lakshmi Vilas Bank under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. They aimed to serve the financial needs of people who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture, in and around Karur. The Laxmi Vilas Bank is a private sector bank. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and did considerable expansion of its branch network from 1961 to 1965, when the bank took over nine other banks. In 1976, the bank obtained the status of Authorized Dealer in foreign exchange for providing services to the customers involved in international trade as well as to travelers who travel overseas. In 1977, the mechanization was introduced in the administrative office. The bank implemented core Banking Solution (CBS) in October 2006, and all of the banks branches were migrated to CBS by March 2008. Lakshmi Vilas Bank has 523 offices,984 ATM centers, and seven extension counters, as of 2018. Mr. Partha Sarthi Mukherjee is the MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. The bank was established on November 3, 1926, under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, and on November 10, 1926, it obtained the certificate to commence business.