Morbi or Morvi is situated in the Morbi district of Gujarat. It used to be a Princely State that was ruled by the Ranas of Rajputs before the Indian independence in 1947. During the British era, the Morvi State was one among the several princely states that were governed by the Jadeja dynasty of Rajputs. The city is on the Kathiawar peninsula and is situated on the Machhu River. The dam on this river caused the Morbi disaster in 1979 when the Machu-2 dam burst, sending an enormous wall of water through the town and flooded Morbi. As of the latest census, Morbi has around 2 lakh residents who speak in Gujarati. Morbi experienced dynamic development n between 1922 and 1948, during which Sir Lakhdhiraji Waghji ensured commendable town planning and constructed many heritage buildings in and around the city. Morbi is known for its production of ceramic items and Compact Fluorescent Lamp. Moreover, the city is known to be the largest manufacturers of wall clocks in India.
The IDBI Bank Ltd provides personalized banking and financial solutions to its customers in the retail and corporate sector via the network of branches, ATMs and internet banking. Core IT banking platform drives the operations of IDBI. Under the Parliament Act, IDBI Bank was constituted in 1964 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI. In 1976, GOI took the ownership of IDBI, and it was regarded as the public financial institution in the finance and development industry. In July 1995, the government holding in the bank shares came down from 100% to 75% due to the public issue of IDBI. In the year 2004, the IDBI was transformed into the bank from DFI. IDBI obtained the status of a limited company under Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal Act, 2003 (Repeal Act). The scheduled bank status was given to IDBI Bank by the Reserve Bank of India under the RBI Act, 1934. Consequently, the IDBI formally entered into the banking business as IDBI Ltd. The United Western Bank Ltd was with IDBI Ltd in 2006, under the provisions of section 45 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949. In the year 2008, the name of the bank was changed from IDBI Ltd to IDBI Bank Ltd, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued.