Madanapalle is located in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. The town functions as the headquarter of the Madanapalle revenue division and mandal. The town was founded by Sri Ahobila Nayunivaru in 1618 AD. The economy of Madanapalle is based on agriculture. The main cultivated products are tomato, mango, groundnut, tamarind, etc. It is the largest tomato market in Asia. The tomatoes from this area are supplied to many Indian states. Madanapalle is known for its silk products like silk saris and dress materials. One can get good quality silk products at nominal costs. These silk garments are supplied to all major cities in South India such as Bangalore, Chennai and all silk product towns for sales. Madanapalle surroundings have enormous reserves of granite. Madanapalle is well connected to all nearby areas via road and rail. Three Bus terminals provide services in Madanapalle. Madanapalle Road Railway Station connects the town to the nearby cities of Guntakal and Secunderabad.
The IDBI Bank Ltd provides personalized banking and financial solutions to its customers in the retail and corporate sector via the network of branches, ATMs and internet banking. Core IT banking platform drives the operations of IDBI. Under the Parliament Act, IDBI Bank was constituted in 1964 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI. In 1976, GOI took the ownership of IDBI, and it was regarded as the public financial institution in the finance and development industry. In July 1995, the government holding in the bank shares came down from 100% to 75% due to the public issue of IDBI. In the year 2004, the IDBI was transformed into the bank from DFI. IDBI obtained the status of a limited company under Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal Act, 2003 (Repeal Act). The scheduled bank status was given to IDBI Bank by the Reserve Bank of India under the RBI Act, 1934. Consequently, the IDBI formally entered into the banking business as IDBI Ltd. The United Western Bank Ltd was with IDBI Ltd in 2006, under the provisions of section 45 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949. In the year 2008, the name of the bank was changed from IDBI Ltd to IDBI Bank Ltd, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued.