Jamshedpur is the earliest planned industrial city of India and also the most populous city in the Indian state of Jharkhand. The rivers Subarnarekha and Kharkai border two edges of the city which is surrounded by the picturesque Dalma Hills and located on the Chota Nagpur plateau. The city is named after Jamsedji Tata, who had planned and funded the development of the city. Companies like Tata Steel, Tata Power, Tata Motors, TCE, TCS, Lafarge Cement, Telcon, BOC Gases, etc. are located here. Jamshedpur houses the largest industrial zone in India, known as Adityapur, which has more than 1200 SMEs. Tata steel is the oldest and largest Steel producing plant in India. The areas surrounding the city of Jamshedpur are rich in minerals, especially iron ore, coal, manganese, bauxite and lime. It is the hub of the iron and steel industry, truck manufacturing, tinplate production, cement and other SMEs manufacturing these products. The administration of the city is looked after by Greater Jamshedpur Metropolitan Region, with the help of TATA group.
The IDBI Bank Ltd provides personalized banking and financial solutions to its customers in the retail and corporate sector via the network of branches, ATMs and internet banking. Core IT banking platform drives the operations of IDBI. Under the Parliament Act, IDBI Bank was constituted in 1964 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI. In 1976, GOI took the ownership of IDBI, and it was regarded as the public financial institution in the finance and development industry. In July 1995, the government holding in the bank shares came down from 100% to 75% due to the public issue of IDBI. In the year 2004, the IDBI was transformed into the bank from DFI. IDBI obtained the status of a limited company under Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal Act, 2003 (Repeal Act). The scheduled bank status was given to IDBI Bank by the Reserve Bank of India under the RBI Act, 1934. Consequently, the IDBI formally entered into the banking business as IDBI Ltd. The United Western Bank Ltd was with IDBI Ltd in 2006, under the provisions of section 45 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949. In the year 2008, the name of the bank was changed from IDBI Ltd to IDBI Bank Ltd, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued.