Hajipur is the largest city in the Vaishali district of Bihar. It is located in the Tirhut Division and functions as the district headquarters. This city is closely following Patna in terms of rapid development. Hajipur has a total population of nearly 4.5 lakh. It is a leading city in Bihar in terms of growth. Hajipur falls within the territorial boundaries of the Patna Regional Development Authority area. It is linked to Patna via Mahatma Gandhi Setu which is one of the longest bridges in the country, stretching over nearly 6 kilometers. The town was founded by Haji Ilyas Shah, a King of Bengal, and the town has been named after him. The economy of Hajipur is service-orientated as 55% of the total population is employed in the service sector. Hajipur also has a minor industrial sector and an agricultural base. The city is known for its banana cultivation. The industrial area at Hajipur houses brands of FMCG and agro-based companies such as Pepsico, Britaniya, HUL, Godrej, Anmol, Bansal, etc. The various places of interest in and around the city include the Ramchaura Mandir, Kaun Haara Ghat, Nepali Mandir, Pataleshwar Mandir, Bateshwar Nath Temple, Sonepur Cattle Fair, Vaishali Mahotsava, Baithakji Hajipur, etc.
The IDBI Bank Ltd provides personalized banking and financial solutions to its customers in the retail and corporate sector via the network of branches, ATMs and internet banking. Core IT banking platform drives the operations of IDBI. Under the Parliament Act, IDBI Bank was constituted in 1964 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI. In 1976, GOI took the ownership of IDBI, and it was regarded as the public financial institution in the finance and development industry. In July 1995, the government holding in the bank shares came down from 100% to 75% due to the public issue of IDBI. In the year 2004, the IDBI was transformed into the bank from DFI. IDBI obtained the status of a limited company under Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal Act, 2003 (Repeal Act). The scheduled bank status was given to IDBI Bank by the Reserve Bank of India under the RBI Act, 1934. Consequently, the IDBI formally entered into the banking business as IDBI Ltd. The United Western Bank Ltd was with IDBI Ltd in 2006, under the provisions of section 45 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949. In the year 2008, the name of the bank was changed from IDBI Ltd to IDBI Bank Ltd, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued.