Gudivada is situated in the Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarter of the Gudivada revenue division and the Gudivada Mandal. Gudivada is a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region, located in the Coastal Andhra region of the state. Gudivada has a population of more than 1 lakh residents who commonly use the Telugu language. Gudivada has derived its name from the words Gudi which means Temple and Vada which means settlement or town in Telugu. As per some inscriptions, the town has been inhabited since the 3rd Century or 2nd Century BCE, since the time of the Sathavahanas. Archaeological excavations conducted at Gudivada found an ancient Buddhist stupa mound and several Jain relics. Hence, Gudivada is a religiously diversified town with numerous Hindu Temples and important Jain Tirth as well. The city is divided into 36 election wards for effective governance. There are six temples at Gudivada under the management of the Endowments Department - Sri Gowri Sankara Swamy Temple, Sri Bhimeswara Swamy Temple, Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple, Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple and Sri Vigneswara Swamy Temple. There are many government-run as well as private educational institutions in Gudivada. This town has a good network of roads and railway which connect it to all nearby areas.
The IDBI Bank Ltd provides personalized banking and financial solutions to its customers in the retail and corporate sector via the network of branches, ATMs and internet banking. Core IT banking platform drives the operations of IDBI. Under the Parliament Act, IDBI Bank was constituted in 1964 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI. In 1976, GOI took the ownership of IDBI, and it was regarded as the public financial institution in the finance and development industry. In July 1995, the government holding in the bank shares came down from 100% to 75% due to the public issue of IDBI. In the year 2004, the IDBI was transformed into the bank from DFI. IDBI obtained the status of a limited company under Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal Act, 2003 (Repeal Act). The scheduled bank status was given to IDBI Bank by the Reserve Bank of India under the RBI Act, 1934. Consequently, the IDBI formally entered into the banking business as IDBI Ltd. The United Western Bank Ltd was with IDBI Ltd in 2006, under the provisions of section 45 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949. In the year 2008, the name of the bank was changed from IDBI Ltd to IDBI Bank Ltd, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued.