The city of Chandrapur is situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is a municipal corporation in Chandrapur district and serves as the center of governance of the eponymous district. Chandrapur was originally a Fort city that was founded by a Gond king by the name of Khandakya Ballal Sah in the 13th century. Situated at the confluence of Rivers Irai and Zarpat, the area surrounding the city is rich in minerals, especially coal. Therefore, Chandrapur is popularly known as the "black gold city." The city experiences a hot and dry climate. Chandrapur has around 3.8 lakh residents who mostly speak in Marathi. The natives belonging to the Gond tribe use the Gondi language, whereas Telugu is also widely spoken by Telugu settlers in Chandrapur. Most of the residents are fluent in Hindi and many can speak English. Coal mining mainly fuels the economy of this city, backed by other emerging industries such as cement making, paper manufacturing, and ferroalloy manufacturing. The Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station employs thousands of residents and also supplies more than 25% of Maharashtras electricity. The Tadoba National Tiger Reserve in the vicinity of Chandrapur is a major attraction for tourists and environmentalists.
The IDBI Bank Ltd provides personalized banking and financial solutions to its customers in the retail and corporate sector via the network of branches, ATMs and internet banking. Core IT banking platform drives the operations of IDBI. Under the Parliament Act, IDBI Bank was constituted in 1964 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI. In 1976, GOI took the ownership of IDBI, and it was regarded as the public financial institution in the finance and development industry. In July 1995, the government holding in the bank shares came down from 100% to 75% due to the public issue of IDBI. In the year 2004, the IDBI was transformed into the bank from DFI. IDBI obtained the status of a limited company under Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal Act, 2003 (Repeal Act). The scheduled bank status was given to IDBI Bank by the Reserve Bank of India under the RBI Act, 1934. Consequently, the IDBI formally entered into the banking business as IDBI Ltd. The United Western Bank Ltd was with IDBI Ltd in 2006, under the provisions of section 45 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949. In the year 2008, the name of the bank was changed from IDBI Ltd to IDBI Bank Ltd, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued.