Bhind is a city as well as a district in the Chambal division of Madhya Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarters of the district. The city is surrounded by uneven ravines, scanty forests and plain fertile fields. The soil of the area is very fertile as it is drained by five rivers and an extensive canal system. The Chambal, Kali Sind, Kwari, Pahuj and Baisali rivers. The city and the district has been named after Vibhandak Rishi, a mythological Hindu saint, who was also called Bhindi Rishi. Bhind has a lot of mythological significance. Apart from many Jain temples, Bhind is also known for a few tourist spots. National Chambal (Gharial) Wildlife Sanctuary lies in the vicinity of the city and attracts a lot of tourists. The Gohad Fort, the Sun Temple near Mihona Tehsil, the Ancient Dandraua Temple and numerous other Hindu temples in the area are worth visiting. The industrial belt in the vicinity of this town hosts many industries such as modern automobiles, bicycles, electronics, pharmaceuticals, soaps, detergents and food and dairy products
The IDBI Bank Ltd provides personalized banking and financial solutions to its customers in the retail and corporate sector via the network of branches, ATMs and internet banking. Core IT banking platform drives the operations of IDBI. Under the Parliament Act, IDBI Bank was constituted in 1964 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI. In 1976, GOI took the ownership of IDBI, and it was regarded as the public financial institution in the finance and development industry. In July 1995, the government holding in the bank shares came down from 100% to 75% due to the public issue of IDBI. In the year 2004, the IDBI was transformed into the bank from DFI. IDBI obtained the status of a limited company under Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal Act, 2003 (Repeal Act). The scheduled bank status was given to IDBI Bank by the Reserve Bank of India under the RBI Act, 1934. Consequently, the IDBI formally entered into the banking business as IDBI Ltd. The United Western Bank Ltd was with IDBI Ltd in 2006, under the provisions of section 45 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949. In the year 2008, the name of the bank was changed from IDBI Ltd to IDBI Bank Ltd, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued.