Yamunanagar is a municipal corporation in the eponymous district of the Indian state of Haryana. The river Yamuna runs through the city and thats how the city has got its name. The town is popular for its cluster of plywood units, which provides Indias finest timber to even larger industries. The old town of Yamunanagar is called Jagadhri. The Jagadhri railway station is situated in Yamunanagar and it services the city. Yamunanagar used to be a green, clean and prosperous industrial city which has recently developed severe pollution problems. The city is rapidly developing, with the inauguration of many multiplexes and various high-end brand stores. The city has nearly 4 lakh residents who speak in Hindi, Pwadhi, Punjabi and Haryanvi. The Ballarpur Industries Limited at Yamunanagar is the countrys largest manufacturer of writing and printing paper. The city manufactures paper and sugar machinery and other equipment for petrochemical plants, that are shipped to various other refineries across the country. The city is known for its plywood industry, which runs on the easily accessible raw material ? poplar tree. Yamunanagar has one of Indias biggest railway carriage and wagon repair workshops. Reliance has recently installed a Thermal Power Station in the town.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.